AC/DC/Genuine or not

QUESTION: Hello Bill, I have an opportunity to buy a great piece of ac/dc memorabilia. The dude wants quite a lot for it which I am willing to pay if the signatures are genuine. Can you help please. Also happy to make a donation. What is the average amount?

Thank you,
Cheers Dave.

ANSWER: Hello Dave,

Thank you for your question. From the photos my best guess would say that these autographs do look authentic. However, as a rule of thumb, I would recommend avoiding any autograph-dealers who sell large numbers of autographed items, as I have found that most Bon Scott autographs from such vendors to be not legitimate. Best of luck!

Best Regards, Bill

QUESTION: Thanks for the good news Bill. I made a little donation of $20. Can you also check out 1 more piece for me please?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers Dave.

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your follow up question. In my opinion, I do not believe that the autographs on the "Are You Ready" single sleeve appear to be authentic. I would not trust such a piece without fool-proof additional proof that they are real (e.g. accompanying photographs of the band members signing this actual piece).

Best Regards, Bill

Bill V.

I am an AC/DC history, discography and collectibles expert, and can answer any question about the band, it's members past and present, as well as questions related to bands that members were in previous to being in AC/DC. I am well versed in the bands history, album and single releases (vinyl, CD), and worldwide discography and collectibles/memorabilia, past and present AC/DC news, album sales, tour dates and tour history, and anything else about the band. I am also an AC/DC (Especially Bon Scott) autograph expert.

I have been a fan and collector of AC/DC for 30+ years and have written published articles about the band for Goldmine magazine, as well as several publications. I have interviewed past members of the band, and attended the bands Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction as a press guest. I possess one of the world's largest AC/DC collections, and plan to have my own publication about the band in the future. I was hired in 2008 by a marketing firm to help promote and market AC/DC's "BLACK ICE" release and the AC/DC "Rock Band" game in New York City. I also have participated in several other marketing and promotional campaigns for AC/DC. Most recently, I have contributed to a new book by Phil Sutcliffe "AC/DC: The Ultimate Illustrated History" as well as penning an AC/DC Collectibles article for Record Collector magazine (UK).

I run the AC/DC fan & collector's site "Highway to Hell" and am the webmaster and designer. I am the official Sony/Columbia records AC/DC forum moderator for their record companies website, and content manager for

GOLDMINE (Krause Publications)(USA) Daily Dirt (Germany) Record Collector (UK) Contributed to "AC/DC: The Ultimate Illustrated History", by Phil Sutcliffe (Voyageur Press, Oct. 15, 2010, Hardcover, 224 pages, 300+ illustrations) Treasures of AC/DC -by Jerry Ewing (Illustrations and information)

AC/DC Expert Digital content manager and AC/DC historian for official AC/DC website

I have interviewed: Mark Evans (AC/DC Bassist 1975-77), Simon Wright (AC/DC Drummer 1983-1989), Dave Evans (AC/DC singer 1974), Noel Taylor (AC/DC Drummer 1974), Neil Smith (AC/DC Bassist 1974), Larry Van Kreidt (AC/DC bassist 1973-4), John Bissett (Fraternity (w/Bon Scott) keyboardist), Vincent Lovegrove (Valentines (w/Bon Scott) singer & former AC/DC manager), Bob Defrin (AC/DC Logo designer & album cover designer for Atlantic records), Mike Fraser (AC/DC Mixing engineer), Joshua Levy (AC/DC Black Ice album cover designer) and many others