AC/DC/AC DC autograph

AC DC ball cap
AC DC ball cap  

AC DC ball cap
AC DC ball cap  
Hi Bill,
I own a Disco Sucks ball cap that I wore to an AC DC show and subsequent meet/autograph event at Sound Warehouse, Houston, Texas, September 1979.  I do not have any photos of myself at the event.  I am donating the cap to a fundraising event in Houston this month to benefit a well respecting area musician suffering from cancer.  I would like to know what you would consider a fair starting bid and ask your permission to include your opinion of the authenticity of the autograph.

Hi Deb,

Thank you for your question and for the images of the hat. Great hat!
As long as you feel that there will be sufficient interest in the autographs and hat at the event, I would say that a fair starting price would be in the $200-300 range. I would say that you should receive at least $500 for the hat, if not a bit more.

To the best of my knowledge, I would consider the autographs on your hat to be authentic.

Good luck on the auction, and best wishes to the musician in recovering!

Best Regards,

Bill V.

I am an AC/DC history, discography and collectibles expert, and can answer any question about the band, it's members past and present, as well as questions related to bands that members were in previous to being in AC/DC. I am well versed in the bands history, album and single releases (vinyl, CD), and worldwide discography and collectibles/memorabilia, past and present AC/DC news, album sales, tour dates and tour history, and anything else about the band. I am also an AC/DC (Especially Bon Scott) autograph expert.

I have been a fan and collector of AC/DC for 30+ years and have written published articles about the band for Goldmine magazine, as well as several publications. I have interviewed past members of the band, and attended the bands Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction as a press guest. I possess one of the world's largest AC/DC collections, and plan to have my own publication about the band in the future. I was hired in 2008 by a marketing firm to help promote and market AC/DC's "BLACK ICE" release and the AC/DC "Rock Band" game in New York City. I also have participated in several other marketing and promotional campaigns for AC/DC. Most recently, I have contributed to a new book by Phil Sutcliffe "AC/DC: The Ultimate Illustrated History" as well as penning an AC/DC Collectibles article for Record Collector magazine (UK).

I run the AC/DC fan & collector's site "Highway to Hell" and am the webmaster and designer. I am the official Sony/Columbia records AC/DC forum moderator for their record companies website, and content manager for

GOLDMINE (Krause Publications)(USA) Daily Dirt (Germany) Record Collector (UK) Contributed to "AC/DC: The Ultimate Illustrated History", by Phil Sutcliffe (Voyageur Press, Oct. 15, 2010, Hardcover, 224 pages, 300+ illustrations) Treasures of AC/DC -by Jerry Ewing (Illustrations and information)

AC/DC Expert Digital content manager and AC/DC historian for official AC/DC website

I have interviewed: Mark Evans (AC/DC Bassist 1975-77), Simon Wright (AC/DC Drummer 1983-1989), Dave Evans (AC/DC singer 1974), Noel Taylor (AC/DC Drummer 1974), Neil Smith (AC/DC Bassist 1974), Larry Van Kreidt (AC/DC bassist 1973-4), John Bissett (Fraternity (w/Bon Scott) keyboardist), Vincent Lovegrove (Valentines (w/Bon Scott) singer & former AC/DC manager), Bob Defrin (AC/DC Logo designer & album cover designer for Atlantic records), Mike Fraser (AC/DC Mixing engineer), Joshua Levy (AC/DC Black Ice album cover designer) and many others