AC/DC/ATC 9671

Question
Hi I have a copy of Let there be rock a South African issue with the green lettering (The reissues or rare releases often referred to as Misprints), I was curious as to how of these were released and what years as I have read of release dates of 1980 and 1982 but mine has a date stamp of 28 7 81 5 which I am led to believe would be a 81 release?

Thanks
Corey

Answer
Hi Corey,

Thank you for your question. The exact numbering scheme on these reissue versions of the South African Let There Be Rock album are not definitively documented, however it is believed that these numbers do represent the date (MO/DAY/YEAR). It was uncertain as to the representation of the number 5 in other previous research over the years. This would likely indicate that yours is a 1981 release, as you stated.

Bill

AC/DC

Bill V.