AIDS/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Chances of getting HIV by a cut from someone infectious?1/23/2013Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I was in extern for medical assisting and an aids patient came in. we exchanges his id and a couple ...
  A: No, there is no risk involved in this scenario. A non-bleeding paper cut should not be of any ...
Question about risk of oral sex1/22/2013Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I meet a guy 4 weeks ago, I am attached, he is too, I asked him do a test for hiv, he did and was ...
  A: You are right. Since he is HIV negative. Risk of HIV transmission through oral sex in this scenario ...
What is my chance of been positive?1/22/2013Gorkey Gourab
  Q: i recently had sex with a stranger , the condom broke . After a period of 2 minutes realizing it ...
  A: HIV risk always is very low for any single episode of unprotected vaginal sex (i.e. condom break). ...
hiv symptoms1/21/2013Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I'm Karthick 20 year old boy from India. I have already dealt my problem with you a 2 months ago ...
  A: There is no possibility of HIV transmission in the way you have mentioned. It was non-penetrative, ...
hiv fear of infection1/15/2013Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I recently was talking with an hiv positive man and during the conversation I believe I felt his ...
  A: HIV, according to experts, is not normally transmitted through saliva. Transmission of the virus ...
HIV, deep kissing blood1/13/2013Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I'm Mattia, I'm a 21 years old gay male. Two days ago I deep kissed with a guy who I don't know (so ...
  A: Yes, this is a long debated issue. Let us be clear about the fact that although very rare, but in ...
hiv can passes through nails1/2/2013Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I am jegan from india.i brought chicken,on that cutted nails are there.I taken out and cooked ...
  A: There is no possibility of HIV transmission through swallowing foods. HIV only transmits through ...
Who gets aids10/29/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: Some religous nuts say that aids is spread by gays and bisexuals. IS that true? I dont believe it ...
  A: HIV is not spread by any particular group everywhere. And you have rightly identified that these ...
hiv through series of events10/10/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: today i had a senario in which i faced some problems. first when i was talking to my friends i felt ...
  A: I understand your concern. However, you can be sure that there is no possibility of HIV transmission ...
teeth6/25/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: i real want to know if someone can infected with aids if got wound from the teeth of someone with ...
  A: If I am guessing right, by HIV transmission from the teeth, you meant human bite. If so, following ...
worried..6/24/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I had never has sexual intercourse with anybody other than my wife. But I am worried about the below ...
  A: There is no chance of being HIV infected in either of the cases. For first case, viral load (in ...
risk of HIV infection5/9/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I had protected sex(with a condom) with a sex worker recently. however, when withdrawing my penis I ...
  A: There are two possibilities: 1. Since you practiced safer sex (with condom from beginning to the ...
Two institution that are involved in supporting or giving redress to these disaster5/9/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: Two institution that are involved in supporting or giving redress to these disaster
  A: The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) joined this fight as one of the key ...
miracle cures5/8/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: this man, called David Owura claimed that he had cured with divine powers a man with AIDS! and ...
  A: There is no cure for AIDS or HIV infection. Although antiretroviral treatment can suppress HIV – the ...
Saliva/blood5/7/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I really appreciate all that you do to help those that are worried. I know you have been asked the ...
  A: You are absolutely right. HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host, except under strictly ...
Contracting HIV5/6/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: Having booked to go and get a check up in the local STD (GUM) clinic this week, I thought I would ...
  A: If you had vaginal sex and anal sex (with enough lubrication), used condom in each encounter and did ...
spit in eye4/21/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: Yesterday night i caught a small amount of spit in the eye from an almost toothless, maybe homeless ...
  A: HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host, except under strictly controlled laboratory ...
doubt4/13/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: In a petrol station, while taking the balance amount the attender took money from his inner pocket ...
  A: There is no possibility of HIV transmission since HIV does not transmit through such casual ...
scared wanting to know if I have hiv4/9/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I'm 21. I just came to town three months ago in december. I've been having sex with guys from a ...
  A: According to CDC (2010), 1. most people develop detectable antibodies approximately 30 days after ...
Some questions about aids3/26/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: Can sexual fluids of an infected person being pass through the open wounds or pimple to the blood ...
  A: HIV (the virus) is present in the sexual fluids and blood of infected people. Sexual fluid: For ...
Hiv through needle3/24/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: sir Thanks for response my question hiv through needle prick previusly pricked nurse any documented ...
  A: I have answered the first part of your question in my previous response. In order to get conclusive ...
Hiv through needle3/22/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: sir 2 weeks ago i take hiv blood test. test result was non reactive but during test fresh hollow ...
  A: According to WHO reformatted report titled 'WHO Surgical Care at the District Hospital', in the ...
am i at risk for hiv please help3/21/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: i was with a strange girl which i dont khnow if shes hiv negative or positive she was naked ( with ...
  A: Universal precautions are maintained in all clinical settings in order to prevent transmission of a ...
ethical behaviour of an infected person3/21/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: Is it unethical to have sex with someone and not disclose your status if you are HIV positive. ...
  A: I see the answer to your question in the following way: "Sure lying about your HIV status is wrong, ...
Epidemic3/20/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: Is it possible to know the latest update of HIV in Bangladesh? Can you refer to any link that can be ...
  A: Dev, Yes, possible. You can get the report (PDF version) of 9th round serological surveillance in ...
Castles in the lymphatic glands roof of the mouth and the shortness of breath1/17/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I suffer from pain in the lymph nodes without swelling since 6 months and oral infections, as well ...
  A: While early HIV signs and symptoms may include sore throat and SWOLLEN lymph glands, these signs and ...
Is infection with HIV possible in this situation?1/12/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I was on class duty and when I went to clean the sponges, I accidentally dropped one into the ...
  A: You are absolutely right about the fact that HIV does not transmit through urine. HIV need direct ...
Fear of flu like symptoms being aids1/9/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: A person in my family has a severe flu like illness and I am scared its AIDS thank you
  A: Just having flu like symptoms does not indicate that one has AIDS. S/he can be suffering from flu, ...
Health - HIV/AIDS1/5/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: Is kissing a high-risk behavior, low-risk behavior, or a no-risk behavior for contracting HIV? ...
  A: Following are two basic points regarding your1. There is no risk of transmission closed-mouth ...
HIV AIDS1/1/2012Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I had safe sex with some prostitutes which I think I don't have to worry about. (Do I have to?). But ...
  A: Although experiencing condom break with commercial sex worker (one of the Most-at-Risk Populations) ...
HIV from Dried vaginal Secretion.12/7/2011Gorkey Gourab
  Q: My previous question was I have recently gone through a mail that HIV from dried infectious body ...
  A: Welcome again. Your first question regarding this issue was most likely on mid-May this year. Let ...
Hiv from bad wisdom tooth and chips12/6/2011Gorkey Gourab
  Q: Me and a Co-worker of mine both have bad wisdom teeth both are bleeding. (I know I should get it ...
  A: No you can not get HIV infected through food, it is also applicable in case on blood on the chips ...
Chances of getting HIV12/6/2011Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I had an unprotected sex with a woman who I later noticed she is taking ARVs meaning she has HIV. ...
  A: Having unprotected sex is one of the main routes of HIV transmission. In your case, I will add ...
AIDS12/5/2011Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I have one question, can one get this disease from touching loincloth with a penis ?
  A: No. HIV only transmits through get in to contact with infected person’s blood, semen/vaginal fluid. ...
HIV from Dried vaginal Secretion.10/19/2011Gorkey Gourab
  A: I would also go with the M.D. you consulted regarding Acute Retroviral Syndrome (ARS). Also, I would ...
hiv10/10/2011Gorkey Gourab
  Q: me homosexual, and ano receptive man i am engaged in sex with my 5 known partners since last 4 years ...
  A: Let me first point out a few facts: 1. A number of studies have demonstrated that oral sex is not ...
Am I susceptible to HIV and other STD's??10/3/2011Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I am 27 years old and never had sex until early 2010 and since then I had sex with 11 different ...
  A: Female sex workers are considered as one of the most at risk populations. Considering that you have ...
Cut Lip and HIV9/2/2011Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I just came down to live with family in a big city. The other day, while riding a bus, a woman who ...
  A: HIV does not transmit through spits. However, there is a remote risk from deep, open-mouth kissing ...
pill with blood on it5/9/2011Gorkey Gourab
  Q: Recently, I swallowed a pill and just before swallowing it I noticed it had a large reddish looking ...
  A: Here is a basic column before I proceed to your questions: HIV usually requires direct ...
AIDS5/9/2011Gorkey Gourab
  Q: I Had Intercourse With A Female Around 2 months Ago But I Never Secreted Semen Into Her Then She Had ...
  A: It's not important to ejaculate, rather the following issues are important: 1. She has multiple ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

AIDS

Gorkey Gourab

Top Expert on this page