AIDS/hiv symptoms

I'm Karthick 20 year old boy from India. I have already dealt my problem with you a 2 months ago sir. But now i have got some doubts.
Let me brief about it....
3 months back I kissed a guy whose status of hiv is not known and i didn't have any sores in my mouth at that time... then he rubbed his penis on my anal opening but didn't penetrated or ejaculated.

After a few days i suffered burning sensation around my anal opening and it went off within a week.
Then after a month i had 2 mouth ulcers which lasted for more than a week and it went off after i took medicine..
Then i didn't feel any problems.
Now for the past 5 days i have skin rash on my both hand elbows. its mild itchy. i am applying oil to it.
Since yesterday i have a small patch of scratch on the loose skin over my penis. It is dark red and i have burning sensation when i touch it.
 My anxiety increased now whether i have hiv. so i opt for your help.
My questions are:
1.Does these are the early symptoms of hiv?
2.If an hiv infected person with mouth sores kissing a normal man without any sores in his mouth, does hiv get transmitted?
3. I came to know the hiv less than the threshold level cannot infect a person even when it enters a persons body. Is it true?
If so what is the amount of blood, semen and saliva which contain hiv can infect a person when it enters a body?
4. I want to get tested for hiv through ELIZA test. When should i take that test to get the result correctly?

Please,kindly answer these questions....
Thank you in advance for your quick reply.

Hello Karthick,

There is no possibility of HIV transmission in the way you have mentioned. It was non-penetrative, you did not have open cut or sores inside your mouth. Here are other answers:

1. Early symptoms of HIV can occur within days or weeks of the initial exposure to the virus during a period called primary or acute HIV infection. Many infections that are not HIV can cause similar symptoms, including mononucleosis, viral hepatitis, other sexual transmitted infections, and viral hepatitis. Stress and anxiety can also produce similar symptoms in some people, even though they do not have HIV.

2. No, HIV can be transmitted in a few specific ways. Kissing is not considered as a route of transmission, unless both have bad gum/ open or bleeding sores inside mouth.

3. ELIZA can be performed at about 3-4 weeks after infection to get confirmatory results.

Gorkey Gourab

Social and behavioral issues related to HIV transmission, sexually transmitted infections, Human Rights issues, rights of marginalized populations, gender and sexuality, research design and analysis related social & behavioral issues, , computer assisted qualitative data analysis and data management (using ATLAS.ti, ANTHROPAC, NVivo 8)

Specialized in Medical Anthropology, now studying Public Health. Working on Social and behavioral studies related to HIV transmission as well as Human Rights issues. Specialization in gender, sexuality, masculinity, behavioral studies related to HIV transmission. Qualitative research, programmatic and M&E experience with MSM, hijra (TG), indigenous groups, female sex workers for more than 10 years.

International Center for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh (icddr,b) as Manager - M&E (Qualitative) with Center for HIV and AIDS

International peer-reviewed journals & technical papers: (1) Khan, S. I., Hussain, M. I., Parveen, S., Bhuiyan, M. I., Gourab, G., & Bhuiya, A. (2009). Living on the extreme margin: Social exclusion of the hijra in Bangladesh. Journal of health, population and nutrition. (2) Khan, S. I., Hussain, M. I., Gourab, G., Parveen, S., Bhuiyan, M. I., & Sikder, J. (2008). Not to stigmatize but to humanize sexual lives of the transgender (hijra): condom chat in the AIDS era. Journal of LGBT Health Research (Special issue: issues on male sexual behaviors and HIV risk in South Asia). Working papers: (1) Khan, S. I., Reza, M. M., Gourab, G., Azim, T. et al.(2012). Counting the Numbers of Males Who Have Sex with Males, Male Sex Workers and hijra in Bangladesh to Provide HIV Prevention Services. Dhaka: National AIDS/STD programme, Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and icddr,b. (2) Khan, S. I., Gourab, G., Ahmed, T., Sarker, G. F., Chowdhury, F. K., Ghosh, S., et al. (2009). Understanding the operational dynamics and possible HIV interventions for residence-based female sex workers in two divisional cities in Bangladesh. Dhaka, Bangladesh: NASP, Save the Children USA and icddr,b. Presentations in scientific meetings and conferences: (1) Khan, S. I., Hussain, M. I., Gourab, G. & Azim, T. (2011, 16 March 2011). Use of a new approach to count and access diverse groups of hijra for scaling up HIV-preventions services in Bangladesh. Poster presented at the 13th Annual Scientific Conference (ASCON XIII), Dhaka. (2) Khan, S. I., Pasa, K., Gourab, G., & Islam, A. (2007). Indigenous populations of Bangladesh: Living with risks and vulnerabilities to STIs/HIV. 8th International Congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific (ICAAP). Colombo, Sri Lanka.

MSS (Anthropology), University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh MPH, Melbourne University, Australia (ongoing)

The Vanderbilt-UAB Fogarty International Center AIDS International Training and Research Program (AITRP)Scholarship for the training on HIV-AIDS related qualitative data analysis and manuscript writing (Center for Global Health, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA)