AS400 Mid Range/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
IBM V5R3M0 Restore Operating System8/20/2015Pete Mayhew
  Q: We have a problem with i/5 V5R3M0 OS on system. We have a problem with electics and our load source ...
  A: Have you looked in the system error log to see if there are any other problems? You copied the ...
Keep reusing same user password2/19/2015Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: How can I wipe out user password when it expires so the same one can be used repeatedly? I have ...
  A: A person with security-level authorization can set a password expiration interval option on the user ...
AS/400 - Creation Date and Time for All users4/1/2014Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: I wanted to know if there is any way of generating a list of all users along with their Creation ...
  A: Yes, if you use the DSPUSRPRF command and specify USRPRF(*ALL) and the name of an OUTFILE to receive ...
AS400 Library Properties8/9/2012Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: Is there a different between V5R1 and V5R2 AS400 Downloader? My system have been running fine until ...
  A: I don't have a definitive answer for you about what may have changed between OS/400 releases. This ...
system configuration *SRM8/7/2012Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: I have a system that during the SAVCFG it gets an error that "1 configuration objects and System ...
  A: This is a problem known to IBM and ostensibly resolved for later releases of the OS/400 operating ...
autorefresh7/27/2012Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: hi can we do auto refresh of our screen in as/400?
  A: As a standard, IBM enables F5 as a command-key the user can press to refresh a screen in native ...
AS400 startup error message10/4/2011Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: Following an AS400 Powerdown this weekend. Our AS400 will not startup up. The front panel is ...
  A: This situation is one that requires you to call your IBM business partner or hardware provider. ...
Tool Bar4/6/2011Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: This may seem like a silly question, but i am working with AS/400 and somehow turned the tool bar ...
  A: Unfortunately, there's no easy or direct answer to your question. The main problem is that there are ...
Exit key12/1/2010Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: I have a specific requirement to have a field of size 26. Any data entered in this field must return ...
  A: The answer depends on whether your barcode scanner has an option to automatically fill the field, ...
Tape Capacity info11/30/2010Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: sir, i would like to know the command if possible, to check the remaining capacity of a back-up ...
  A: Unfortunately, IBM does not offer us a command that calculates the remaining capacity of a tape. ...
PASSING ARIABLE FROM CLP TO ASP WEBPAGE10/6/2010Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: Good Morning I am trying to pass a variable with the help of STRPCCMD. can u help me. My command is ...
  A: I'm assuming that you are using a CL program to issue the STRPCCMD command. 1. Define a field 123 ...
as400 querry9/28/2010Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: How to create a printer file for RPG program????? Plz also mention the steps to create printer ...
  A: Unfortunately, the subject of creating printer files is more complex than I can fully explain in an ...
querry regarding CL/4009/15/2010Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: Please explain about opnqryf and how to use it in CL400 and other HLL.Also explain about the ...
  A: The OPNQRYF (open query file) command is used in a CL program to create a temporary index over a ...
querry regarding CL/4009/7/2010Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: Sir plz tell me about Data area ,messages and data queue. Which type of program we can create in ...
  A: You can use a CL program to create any of these. For example, if I wanted to create a 10-character ...
querry regarding CL/4008/30/2010Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: My question is that what type of program we can create in AS/400 using control language?
  A: CL language is used to create programs that execute a series of AS/400 commands, typically to ...
Data entry screen8/19/2010Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: i want to design a data entry screen that will validate the field from a database and also allow ...
  A: Unfortunately, this is a subject for an introductory course on on AS/400 or iSeries programming, and ...
Need information about subfile8/10/2010Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: Want to know which type of subfile the Display file contains, without seeing the DDS or RPG program.
  A: Using native iSeries or AS/400 programming, I'm not aware that subfiles are categorized by type, ...
Program Changes7/22/2010Pete Mayhew
  Q: I generated a list of programs for which the creation date have changed during a selected period. ...
  A: Manny; When an object is created, the 'Creation date' and 'Change date' are both updated. In the ...
Call a program to restore libraries5/3/2010Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: I would like to know how to write a program that will restore libraries from tape(previously saved ...
  A: To restore an entire library (this will replace the entire library on your system with objects as ...
Connect to V5R1 IFS using Win 20083/16/2010Pete Mayhew
  Q: Is it possible to make a network connection from Windows 2008 to folders on the IFS in V5R1? It ...
  A: I would 'think' so, however, I do not have either a Win2008 server or V5R1 system to test with. ...
Limit User Profile to Read only3/15/2010Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: I have been asked to create a generic user profile for conversion of data to new warehousing system. ...
  A: One way is to use the following commands to first revoke all authority for the user, then grant them ...
sys0055 on 9402-2363/4/2010Pete Mayhew
  Q: Pete, did you ever solve the error Nonprivileged pgm accessing privileged transient" issue on the ...
  A: Sorry, no. The Advanced 36 (236) was a special model of the AS400, kind of a cross between the two. ...
Auto enter in display file1/7/2010Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: Is there a way to take the value of two field, just filled in, (enter not hit yet) and populate them ...
  A: Yes - by using the AUTO(RA) or CHECK(RA) option on the second field. When the second field is ...
as400 'explained'12/9/2009Pete Mayhew
  Q: what is as400? Is it a pc or a server? Please explain clearly?
  A: I don't know that I (or you) have enough time for me to completely explain the 'AS400', but I'll ...
Where is the source12/9/2009Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: I need to find out the name of the source file of a ILE program. I am getting a blank using DSPOBJD. ...
  A: This happens when an ILE program was created by binding several modules together using the CRTBNDPGM ...
Record Advance on SDA12/4/2009Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: We scan serial numbers from barcodes into the screen and then auto advance to the next screen based ...
  A: It's possible that the AUTO(RB) or AUTO(RAB) keyword (which right-adjusts and blank-fills the field) ...
AS/400 error12/3/2009Pete Mayhew
  Q: Mr. Mayhew. I did a search on the Internet for an error code we're getting on our AS/400 (eSeries) ...
  A: I never did hear back from the other request, so I'm not sure what the solution was. However, the ...
Call Stack11/19/2009Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: I would like to know if there is a way to retrieve a list of all programs called during a certain ...
  A: From V5R1 forward, IBM has offered an API called QWRCSTK that allows you to retrieve the call stack ...
Restoration10/30/2009Pete Mayhew
  Q: I have restored objects(Journal Receivers) from a expired tape (in WRKMEDBRM it is shown as ...
  A: The expired status in BRMS should not affect the data on the tape, it only means the tape can be ...
Limiting login to a single workstation (PC)9/10/2009Pete Mayhew
  Q: Is there a way to limit a user logging in to AS/400 from single PC? Due to a security concern, we ...
  A: I don't believe there is a way to restrict a specific user from logging in from multiple devices ...
'Wrong input' error on AS400 after duplicate key error8/24/2009Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: I'm a beginning RPG programmer and have written a standard 'maintenance' style program that uses two ...
  A: It's difficult for me to tell for certain what your problem is because I don't recognize 'Wrong ...
AS400 (CMD Program)7/13/2009Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: I have created a simple program in CL to add few libraries to library list. I run that program from ...
  A: I am assuming that there are no parameters to be passed to your CL program. 1. Create a QCMDSRC ...
5.4 upgrade6/3/2009Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: are there any procedures on how upgrade from one version of operating systems to another
  A: Yes, there you can find support documents that explain how to upgrade operating system versions at ...
Display File5/28/2009Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: I have a 15 position field in a display file that is used to enter part numbers. In the past, user ...
  A: To be certain that the alpha characters are converted to uppercase, I use my own conversion ...
As/400 9402-236 Print problem5/7/2009Pete Mayhew
  Q: I am working to recover some print reports for a client that were accidentally deleted from their ...
  A: Sorry Mark, I'm not able to help with this one. That 236 is just too old and I've forgotten almost ...
Report on deleted records4/22/2009Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: How would I run a report by library to provide a listing to show only the number of deleted records ...
  A: The DSPFD command has an option to create a OUTFILE, with fields that include the file and library ...
Putting more records in a printer file page..4/20/2009Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: I have an old RPG program, which is utilising only 30 lines..i want to extend it by putting some ...
  A: This is a hard question to answer without seeing both the RPG source code and the procedure that ...
Error sys 400 9402 f043/11/2009Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: after powering on the system after 2 minutes receives error code and attention light error code # ...
  A: This is a hardware error, and you may need IBM hardware support (1-800 IBM-SERV) to help you figure ...
Change User ID when sign on AS4002/10/2009Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: My company will change the all user ID of the AS400, Every old User ID will mapping to a new User ...
  A: To my knowledge, the Program Status Data Structure is a read-only structure, and not able to be ...
Match *PGM Type Object to a source member1/23/2009Concise Systems/Laird Scranton
  Q: I try to match a compiled object to a source member with the method of recompiling source member to ...
  A: If you use the DSPOBJD command, you can create a file containing information about all of your ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6   |  Next       All

AS400 Mid Range

Concise Systems/Laird Scranton

Top Expert on this page