ASP.NET/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
microsoft sql server vs sql server localdb10/20/2016Srini Nagarajan
  Q: am developing a website that would include a database and am making use of visual studio 2013. I ...
  A: it's all depending upon the web site you are planning to do. If you are doing simple small web site ...
diff b/w webpage,mvc,web form,web app6/2/2016Srini Nagarajan
  Q: What are webpages,webforms,webapplications,MVc?and what is the difference between them?
  A: 1) You can use Web Pages completely by itself. 2) Web Form usually does not evolve because it is ...
vb.net code snippets7/18/2015Aman Bhullar
  Q: please where can i find vb.net code snippets? am actually looking for a login code that uses a ...
  A: Check the below links, if these can help ...
How Can I Store One Table Id In Another Table12/21/2014Aman Bhullar
  Q: I have tried this code con.Open(); SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("insert into Exe_ContactDetails ...
  A: You need bit of changes in the code con.Open(); string str = "Select ID from Team_Registration where ...
How can I make the project create table within my existing database?11/11/2014Aman Bhullar
  Q: . I'm currently learning ASP.NET and is following a tutorial which uses Entity Framework Code First ...
  A: Technically, all the table for a one project should be on the same database. Suggest you to read ...
help with asp.net10/22/2014Aman Bhullar
  Q: I am new to asp.net. I am trying to convert a vb.net code into asp.net .I get no run time error. can ...
  A: Editing a gridview row in web page is not same as of the winform application. You need to bring the ...
webapi6/16/2014Aman Bhullar
  Q: I am a beginner to ASP.NET WEBAPI(VS 2010 SP1- ASP.NET MVC 4). Our WebAPI has 2 methods to provide ...
  A: You can write your self logging for this. Create your custom class to log the details into DB. Call ...
ASP.NET 3.5 vs 4.03/20/2014Aman Bhullar
  Q: first of all I hope you have a good day. I've been developing small web application using ASP.NET & ...
  A: Apologies for the delayed reply. Both are pretty old now. Microsoft has released VS2013, i am ...
Inserting Data to MySQL Server11/20/2013Aman Bhullar
  Q: I want to connect my .net window application to remote mysql server runs on linux. I ask to my ...
  A: There should not be any issue in connecting to MySQL server. If you can connect to MySql from query ...
aspnet_regiis6/19/2013Aman Bhullar
  Q: Do you have any document/ web sites regeding aspnet_regiis.exe, I'd like to know how to use it. ...
  A: Check these ...
Exact Difference between Web and App Server?6/14/2013Aman Bhullar
  Q: What is the difference between app server and web server. What are their roles in processing the ...
  A: Googled around and found http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5481902/web-server-vs-app-server ...
Asp.Net5/10/2013Aman Bhullar
  Q: What is the difference between ASP.net and Silver light?
  A: Just have a look at these threads ...
help with asp.net and sql statement3/21/2013Aman Bhullar
  Q: I have a table with four columns a,b, c,d and a form with two text boxes TextBox1 and TextBox2.I ...
  A: I am not sure what u are trying to do. But from you code seems that u are just learning .net. I ...
deploying problem10/11/2012Aman Bhullar
  Q: I've written a program called ATC in which I show some shockwave movies. It works fine on my ...
  A: Best option is to use a relative path. You can keep foler "abc" under ur main sub folder eg "site" ...
regards ajax toll kit9/16/2012Aman Bhullar
  Q: sir i have facing a problem related to ajax tool kit. i've installed ajax tool kit from microsoft ...
  A: There is not direct way to uninstall AJAX toolkit. Just remove all DLL's from bin folder and remove ...
What are the asp.net 3.5 basic concepts?3/6/2012Srini Nagarajan
  Q: Please provide the basic concepts in asp.net 3.5? And provide a simple note to understand very ...
  A: Have a look at the following url to know more about .NET 3.5 concepts and new give you all the new ...
Why delegates should be used ?3/4/2012Srini Nagarajan
  Q: What is delegate?. Why it should be used?. Where I need to apply it? How to apply? could you please ...
  A: Delegates Overview 1. Delegates are similar to C++ function pointers, but are type safe. 2. ...
.netgh11/24/2011Srini Nagarajan
  Q: What is silverlight? Diference between asp.net,c#.net,vb.net and for purposes these are used?
  A: Silverlight = it's like flash, microsoft product. ASP.NET = is a web based programing language C# = ...
Timeout expired11/21/2011Srini Nagarajan
  Q: Srini, I have a intranet website that just went online and written in C# ASP.NET using SQL Server ...
  A: This is big issue on asp.net database. you code need to be perfect. Check the following code which ...
crystal report10/10/2011Srini Nagarajan
  Q: I'm new to crystal report..my doubt is i had two tables with 5 fields and one is sum() field..in my ...
  A: You need to add the values manually Sum(Total Table1) + Sum(Total Table2) Here is the link will ...
asp.net configuration9/10/2011Srini Nagarajan
  Q: Your Open QuestionShow me another I used at ASP.net of visaual stadio and for creat my role and ...
  A: What exactly you are trying to accomplish? Are you using SQL server as database to store your roles ...
best way using dataset,datatables8/26/2011Srini Nagarajan
  Q: im new to asp.net and id like to know which is more efficient way or more accepted way of doing the ...
  A: Sorry for the delay i was busy with at my work. Here is the sample code which gives you same result ...
VS 2005 web site public methods12/15/2010Hosnieh [Sara] Rafiee
  Q: In VB6 as wells as VS 2005 solutions for accessing common modules, the modules are stored in sub ...
  A: here you can use class , in vb.net you have modules and you can create module files but in c#.net ...
asp.net12/10/2010Hosnieh [Sara] Rafiee
  Q: i made a login page.its working successfully.after login it goes to default page.On default page i ...
  A: did you set the write access to where you want to upload your files? it seems that your program do ...
textbox.text is different11/24/2010Hosnieh [Sara] Rafiee
  Q: Hey, This isn't in C# but you may be able to help. In the load of a webpage i set the text property ...
  A: As far as I know whatever you set it in your page_load event, it will set , I mean if you for ...
asp.net or java9/5/2010Aman Bhullar
  Q: tech 3 year computer science.i know only c language and a little c++ so plz tell me that which ...
  A: Sorry for Late Reply. I was sick. I am .net developer and i will vote for .net. But i can support ...
Emailing asp results8/29/2010Hosnieh [Sara] Rafiee
  Q: I will briefly explain my scenario. I have inherited an event registration database in ASP. this is ...
  A: I am really sorry for my late response, I was on vacation and it took more time than I expected. ...
Avoid multiple login in different browsers8/16/2010Aman Bhullar
  Q: Sir, In a asp .net application i am working, i create a login page and use sessions to restrict ...
  A: You can achieve this as 1. Keep the login bit in the table from where you authenticate the user 2. ...
asp.net7/11/2010Hosnieh [Sara] Rafiee
  Q: if code can be developed based on asp.net,then who's responsible for executing this code? if CLR ...
  A: if you did not install .net framework on the system which you want to run asp.net, it could not ...
ASP Support7/4/2010Hosnieh [Sara] Rafiee
  Q: Im little new to asp.net platform and still learning. I have a feedback page (I used asp.net with c# ...
  A: could you explain the error message you receive? also do you use behind code I mean do you have a ...
Login Page...@7/2/2010Hosnieh [Sara] Rafiee
  Q: My Name Is Vandan From India. I Want To know About Login Page Control In ASP.NET With SQL SERVER ...
  A: There are many online samples that you can use them http://www.asp101.com/samples/login_aspx.asp ...
Passing an array from one server to another by Form Post6/9/2010Hosnieh [Sara] Rafiee
  Q: I have a requirement of sending an array generated from Mysql database and PHP from my server to ...
  A: you have some options 1- you can use webservice then in one webserver just call your webservice and ...
Passing an array from one server to another by Form Post6/9/2010Aman Bhullar
  A: You are trying to establish a communication between the two system who are technologically ...
email div tag5/15/2010Hosnieh [Sara] Rafiee
  Q: i want to email a div tag containing data grid and labels. i know the code to email text as mail ...
  A: you can send everything in HTML format when you change your body to HTML You cannot send server side ...
Dot Net4/16/2010Hosnieh [Sara] Rafiee
  Q: I used the CreateUserWizard control to create new users. It amazes me how powerful the control is. ...
  A: the connection string should be in role manager in web.config file <roleManager enabled="true" > ...
asp.net4/14/2010Hosnieh [Sara] Rafiee
  Q: You had given me the codes (that was my old question) as given below for C#, can you suggest me for ...
  A: <%@ Page language="vb" %> <%@ imports Namespace="System.Data" %> <script runat="server"> public ...
asp.net4/14/2010Hosnieh [Sara] Rafiee
  Q: Sir...I am facing some problem here in my coding: ...
  A: mydatasource.ConnectionString = ...
asp.net4/7/2010Hosnieh [Sara] Rafiee
  Q: sir.... if I have a image (printer image) on my asp form and I want when user clicks that image (or ...
  A: In asp.net, your hand is not really Open to work on printer very much, if you want to print just the ...
asp.net4/6/2010Hosnieh [Sara] Rafiee
  Q: I have created a project for school to submit the application form online by the students. I want to ...
  A: if you used SQL server, then I could suggest you to use stored procedures and use output parameters ...
Runtime Error3/20/2010Hosnieh [Sara] Rafiee
  Q: As there in previous question there are too many follow-ups message I am using new question section. ...
  A: you can add your connection string to your web.config but not the code <?xml version="1.0"?> ...

Page:    1  |  2   |  Next       All

ASP.NET

Aman Bhullar

Top Expert on this page