ASP.NET/Inserting Data to MySQL Server

Question
I want to connect my .net window application to remote mysql server runs on linux.

I ask to my hosting company to configure my server so that I can connect .net window application to mysql server but they are saying-
.net application doesn't works/connect with the linux server and the port no. 3306 is already is in the allowed list of the firewall.

Is that true? If yes then what is the best solution to connect my .net window application to remote MySql server.

Answer

There should not be any issue in connecting to MySQL server.
If you can connect to MySql from query tool through ur windiws pc you should be able to connect by .net too

All u need is a perfect connection string. Please refer to below URL
http://www.connectionstrings.com/mysql/

Hope this will help u :)

ASP.NET

Aman Bhullar