ATMs - Automated Teller Machines/Foreign Currency Exchange Feature within Remote Banking.

Foreign Exchange
Foreign Exchange  

Automated Teller Machine
Automated Teller Machi  
Dear Carl

Can Foreign Currency Exchange Program Feature be integrated within Automated Teller Machine ?. This features will be available only with Bank ATMS who are offering foreign currency exchange facility. Customer should have valid banking account with the Bank.

For this case to work, foreign currency notes to be deposited within the ATM System along with the Local currency notes of the country.

Example :

Banking Customer wants foreign currency exchange for Rs 20,000 in Euros.

Steps :

1. A menu link "Foreign Currency Exchange" is displayed to the Bank Account Holder once he/she is authenticated by the ATM System.

2. Different Exchange Currency conversions are available to the Customer. Examples : INR/EURO, INR/US Dollar, INR/GBP, INR/Yen etc.

Customer Selects INR/EURO link. System prompts for entering Rupees
to be converted. Customer enters Rs 20,000. After Entering Rs 20,000 the ATM System calculates the Current Exchange Rate by connecting to the Bank and displays 278 Euros. System also verifies
whether Balance amount Rs 20,000 is available. System prompts for entering Rs 20,000 in a deposit envelope. Customer deposits Rs 20000 within the ATM Machine. ATM System gives the Bank customer
278 Euros from withdrawal slot. The Balance amount, Successful Transaction Hard copy is displayed to the Bank Customer.

If this feature is integrated within the ATM, Can it have Financial security concerns for the Bank account holders as well as Banks ?

Note :

INR = Indian Rupees.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hello Prashant,

This is a little outside of my expertise, but I might be able to point you toward a company that is working on this.  They are in most of the airports around the world and have currency exchange houses.  

Hope this helps a little.

ATMs - Automated Teller Machines

Carl Myers

I'm happy to share my experience repairing the following ATMs: Triton, Tidel, Tranax (used to be Cross), Hyosung, and other small ATMs. If I don't know the answer I'll tell you I don't know and I will try to find out for you by speaking directly with the manufacturer or other people in our office who know the answer.

I have over ten years experience working with ATMs.

I am certified on Triton, Tranax (Cross), and Tidel as well as a few other machines.

Business Journal Forty Under Forty Award.