Abortion/bleeding and cramping after the abortion pill

concerned wrote at 2009-12-19 02:46:11
You shouldn't have a bath or have sex so soon after having an abortion because of the risk of infection. If you are still pushing out tissue and blood clots then your cervix will still be open and the risk of infection is high. I agree, what you are feeling is normal, but take pain killers and try to take it easy. Tell your mum that your period is being unusually long but you went to the doctors and he said that it was nothing to worry about. I suppose this is no help for you particularly now, but for anyone else reading and looking for help, like I was, I hope this helps. Please don't have baths or intercourse so soon after an abortion or a miscarriage unless you want to risk getting an infection.

Williams87 wrote at 2012-10-31 15:48:55
I'm questioning this answer because I've also just had an abortion and several days after the champing stopped it started again and has slowly intensified over the last 3 days. Tomorrow will be one week since I started my sets of pills.

My doctor told me to NOT stick ANYTHING up there as it could cause infection in the Uterus which could cause a lot of problems and could even be fatal. I was also told that I could get pregnant very easily for the next two weeks. You were saying to have sex, but I was told not to.

And also, you were saying that she could go to a doctor if the remaining tissue was stuck, and if what my doctor said about the infection was true, i'd think she'd want to let the doctor know about the abortion.

I'm no doctor, and i'm simply looking for answers as to why I'M in pain again.

Maybe you can help clarify some things.

Doctor Early Options

We are a group of family doctors who provide abortion care for over a decade. We can answer any health or medical related questions about early abortion, including the aspiration procedure, the abortion pill (RU486), or surgical abortion. We run a practice called Early Options, located in New York City: The practice is dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. There are other family doctors around the United States who practice a similar approach to early abortion care: see Please do not ask "private" questions so that other women can learn from your experience. Please tell me what country you are from so that we can better help you.

Experience in the area: We are all board certified family doctors who have special training in early abortion and reproductive health. Dr. Joan Fleischman is the founder of Early Options ( dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. Organizations: National Abortion Federation American Association of Family Physicians

Dr. Joan Fleischman, Founder M.D., Harvard Medical School M.P.A., John F. Kennedy School of Government