Abortion/Can I b preg after abortion but had Depo shot before abortion

Hi I hd my depo shot in Aug and found owt a wik later dt I ws actuali preg..So I took Cycotec prescribed by my GP and a wik afta takng da pills my abortion ws complete.Bt nw m so sad n cnt stop dnkng of da mistake I dd wit my bf in havnh unprotectd sex jst nearly 13days afta my abortion..I rili dnt wnt 2 gt preg jst as Iv hd my 1st abortion which I wish 2b my last..So am I myb preg n if nt cn I gt my depo shot evn thou lits due in Nov??Plz hlp m seriously freakng out coz I dnt wnt 2b Preg agn!!

Hello, Sindy,

I realize this may be very difficult, but please try to calm down a little. You will think better.

Let me know what country you are in, and if possible, what city you are close to. There may be an organization in your area that will work with you and help you get past this.

Also, it sounds like you are seriously regretting everything, and could benefit from counseling. You said you can't stop thinking of your mistake. There are many organizations that offer such counseling. There is also an opportunity for online counseling, and I will be glad to talk to you about everything. Just let me know what is on your heart. Feel free to write me privately.

Whatever you do, don't get any shots or take any pills. They are all dangerous. They don't really solve anything. You deserve better.

It is not likely you got pregnant from having sex only 13 days after your abortion (though not impossible, especially if you would have miscarried anyway). However, don't think it will help to use "protection" and don't think you can take the Depo shot without medical consequences. The medical consequences can be severe. And it will increase your chance of getting a sexually transmitted disease, and as long as you are having sex, protected or not, you are at risk for an STD. If your partner ever slept with anyone else, or used street drugs, even if he hasn't told you, you are at risk.

Please take care, and keep in touch.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.