Abortion/bleeding after medical abortion

Hello sir,
    19 days ago I found out I was 3 - 4weeks pregnant. I took the misoprostol and I passed clot and bled for 10 -11 days. I stopped bleeding for about 4 days and then I had sex with my boyfriend and while at it, the condom broke. I took the postinor2. For 4 days now, I've been having cramps and I'm bleeding again. Started out little but now its flowing. More than my normal period but I get to use 2 pads a day. Should I be worried? See a doc maybe?

Hello, belle,

Please know that I am a woman. I answer questions because I don't want women to get hurt.

I don't find anything you are telling me to be at all surprising. Those pills are dangerous. A woman can even bleed to death after taking them. You are lucky you aren't bleeding any more than you are. Condoms are not reliable, as you have learned. As long as you continue to have sex, you will live in fear of pregnancy. You will be tempted to take dangerous drugs, and already you have done this twice. You deserve better.

Misoprostol doesn't always cause abortion. You will have to wait and see what it did to you. It would be wise to see a doctor, but find one who understands that abortion is bad medicine, and has dealt with the complications of abortion. There are organizations all over UK that will help you. They have qualified and ethical doctors affiliated with them who can examine and treat you. We don't know if what you are experiencing is a problem or not, which is why I urge you to do this. You can find an organization near you by going to this web site:

Please do this. In the meantime, be prepared for sudden, unexpected, heavy bleeding, for the next several weeks. If you can, eat foods with red hot peppers in them every day, or take cayenne as a supplement. Please take care of yourself. No more poisonous pills! Let me know how you do.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.