Abortion/its over 34 days since I had an abortion, when will I see my period

Question
QUESTION: Hi thanks for this opportunity. I'm a Nigerian, I had an aabortion on the 12th of september and I had unprotected sex 9 days after the procedure then I took a contraceptive 48 hrs after. This is the 34th day and I have not seen my period, and I have had pains in my lower abdomen for over a week now. I took a pregnancy blood test from the lab that read negative and since 5 days I took the test I have not seen my period. I see some white discharge in my viginal when I wash it, doesn't smell bad but its a slimy it doesn't stain the pant too but I have to deep my hand to wash before seeing it. I'm very worried. I miss my period and I want to see it again. I hope not to be pregnant because I'm not ready for it. When will I see my period?

ANSWER: It usually take 6 weeks to get a period after an abortion.  i would not worry now.  If you don't get a period by Oct 30, then take another pregnancy test to make sure you are not pregnant.  

QUESTION: I started seeing my period yesterday that's exactly 2 months (60 days) after the abortion. But I did a scan after your response and was told I had Pelvic inflamatory disease, I was given antibiotics and Noristherone tablets and now I'm having very heavy flow

Answer
The Medication can cause heavy bleeding.  It is unusual to get pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).  after an abortion if you have not had sex.  Most people get a fever. severe pain and a discharge with an odor.  You may have a mild form but the symptoms you described were more typical of what happens normally just before the period comes.  Are you sure there was no retained tissue?  That can cause heavy bleeding and increase the risk of PID.  

Abortion

Doctor Early Options