Hi. Let me get right to it...I had a surgical abortion 13 days ago, I was almost six weeks pregnant. I also had a Mirena IUD inserted right after the procedure.
The abortion itself was fast, but very painful. Ive heard it doesnt hurt for everyone so I include it just in case.
13 days into recovery and I am bleeding off and on, sometimes old blood sometimes new blood. I have cramps almost always (with the exception of today FINALLY), I have been felt a little sick to my stomach off and on and have been back and forth between constipation and diarrhea the entire time. Im wondering if this all sounds normal?
I havent used tampons or had sex yet since the abortion, I havent had a fever either that I can tell, though I havent taken my temp.
Do you think a lot of this is caused by the IUD and not really the abortion? I had a very difficult time emotionally after the abortion because I didnt want to do it. My boyfriend and family pressured me and put me in a position where I didnt really feel like I had a choice.
Also, I have forgiven my boyfriend and would like to try to work this out with him. We have been distant since, but not for lack of him trying. We've talked a lot and hes apologized a lot. I think I am ready emotionally to have sex with him again, but I dont know when thats ok. I wasnt given anything from the clinic other than a pamphlet for him to understand how I might feel after.
Thank you for your time and ears.

Hi Crystal, I just got your question in the question pool at allexperts.com
This means that you asked someone the question and they didn't answer but passed it on. So that is why it has been awhile since you asked this question and I received it. First of all, how are you now? Are you still bleeding or have any problems? Did you go for a post abortion checkup? Please email me at CHERYL51@aol.com so we can talk privately. I have information about healing emotionally from abortion so please contact me.

Diane Cheryl

Diane Cheryl

Please email me at CHERYL51@aol.com if I am "maxed out" on questions. I will answer as soon as I can. Please be patient because I get many emails. If I don't answer within a reasonable time, please email me again and put ALLEXPERTS in the subject line of your email. Thanks. Please contact me if you would like information about abortion procedures. What are your questions or concerns about an abortion? I also would be able to help with resources and networking. I can provide insight about emotional and psychological aspects of abortion. I would like to help you with up-to-date info and advice. I haven't had an abortion myself, but have 3 close friends who have experienced abortion and I can relate through them. I can also provide resources if you have experienced any post-abortion problems; medical, psychological, emotional, or spiritual. PRIVATE QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME!

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women in unexpected pregnancy situations. I also provide resources for PASS (Post Abortion Stress Syndrome).

Illinois Valley Community College (LaSalle-Peru, Illinois), Austin Community College and Travel Agent Degree.
Almost 25 years of on-the-job training onsite at abortion clinics and volunteering at pregnancy resource centers. Sonogram training and Post Abortion Counseling Training. Have done research with hundreds of women for almost 25 years regarding abortion, pregnancy and post-abortion healing.