Abortion/post abortion bleeding

I was 5 weeks pregnant when i had my medical abortion. It was thru vaginal insertion. I bled after first insertion n did my ultra sound after 6 days it was incomplete. Then i took second set n did my ultrasound after 2 weeks it was still incomplete. Finally after taking 3rd set, i did my ultra sound after 2 days it was Complete. My doctor said i will bleed for 2-3 days, but it continued for a week. so she suggested me to take meftal 500 3 times a day till i stop bleeding. I could not find this medicine anywhere so i took sylate 500 twice a day for 5 days. I stopped bleeding but brownish vaginal discharge was observed for 3-4 days after i stopped bleeding, also few blood spots were seen. but on 5th day i started bleeding it was spotting but red blood drops can be seen n very small clots 1mm or so that too 1 or 2 throughout the day. No cramping or pain. Except that i had Loose motions when i was not bleeding.
this is my case, I hope everything here is normal but i want to know what exactly am i going through right now.

Hi Ketaki,

I found your question in the question pool at
This means that whoever you sent the question to was not able to answer so I received the question. So what else has happened since this? Have you stopped bleeding? I hope so because extensive bleeding can be very bad and can cause anemia. Please email me at so we can talk in private. Hope to hear from you soon. If you have any problems after abortion, please let me know as I offer healing counseling.

Diane Cheryl

Diane Cheryl

Please email me at if I am "maxed out" on questions. I will answer as soon as I can. Please be patient because I get many emails. If I don't answer within a reasonable time, please email me again and put ALLEXPERTS in the subject line of your email. Thanks. Please contact me if you would like information about abortion procedures. What are your questions or concerns about an abortion? I also would be able to help with resources and networking. I can provide insight about emotional and psychological aspects of abortion. I would like to help you with up-to-date info and advice. I haven't had an abortion myself, but have 3 close friends who have experienced abortion and I can relate through them. I can also provide resources if you have experienced any post-abortion problems; medical, psychological, emotional, or spiritual. PRIVATE QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME!

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women in unexpected pregnancy situations. I also provide resources for PASS (Post Abortion Stress Syndrome).

Illinois Valley Community College (LaSalle-Peru, Illinois), Austin Community College and Travel Agent Degree.
Almost 25 years of on-the-job training onsite at abortion clinics and volunteering at pregnancy resource centers. Sonogram training and Post Abortion Counseling Training. Have done research with hundreds of women for almost 25 years regarding abortion, pregnancy and post-abortion healing.