Abortion/SIX MONTHS ON. still bleeding

hello, i had a surgical termination of pregnancy. i am bleeding and it has been six months, every single day since the termination i have bled, with the exception of a week where i had taken antibiotics prescribed by a doctor. also i have put on a drastic amount of weight. About 15-20kgs and i haven't changed diet habits.

i did have reatained products and was told it would go out on it's own. also am on the mini pill called Cerazette. which i used to take with no abnormal bleeding before the termination.

i still find myself feeling nauseous and the weight gain is a really big issue for me...been to the doctors multiple times, on a waiting list for hospital but i would really like to know an opinion of what you think is going on.

You need to see your doctor.  The mini-pill can cause prolonged bleeding and weight gain. I only use them if I have to.  If you have no medical contraindications, I would suggest switching to a pill like Microgynon 20 or 30.  This should help balance the hormones.  

Doctor Early Options

We are a group of family doctors who provide abortion care for over a decade. We can answer any health or medical related questions about early abortion, including the aspiration procedure, the abortion pill (RU486), or surgical abortion. We run a practice called Early Options, located in New York City: The practice is dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. There are other family doctors around the United States who practice a similar approach to early abortion care: see Please do not ask "private" questions so that other women can learn from your experience. Please tell me what country you are from so that we can better help you.

Experience in the area: We are all board certified family doctors who have special training in early abortion and reproductive health. Dr. Joan Fleischman is the founder of Early Options ( dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. Organizations: National Abortion Federation American Association of Family Physicians

Dr. Joan Fleischman, Founder M.D., Harvard Medical School M.P.A., John F. Kennedy School of Government