Abortion/Abortion pill (mifepristone)

How do you know when the abortion is all done I thought mine was done because it stopped after 3 weeks now then started back up again some of the blood today looked light brown is this bad?

Hello, Stella,

The only way to know for SURE that a pill abortion is done is to wait several weeks and do a pregnancy test. If it is negative, the abortion probably worked. You have to be prepared for unexpected bleeding for several weeks. I have talked to women who have had abnormal bleeding six weeks after taking the pills. The pills are poisonous, and they totally upset a woman's hormones. They make her much more susceptible to disease. They can cause a woman to bleed to death, or die from a massive infection.

Light brown blood is usually older blood, which means it was loose in your uterus for awhile. Red blood is fresh blood. You get red blood when the lining of the uterus breaks down. The lining of the uterus is grown each month to prepare the uterus to nourish a baby.

The pills only work during a very narrow span of time. They can cause bleeding even when they don't work. Whether or not they are likely to cause abortion depends on when they were taken. You haven't given me any information about this. You also didn't tell me how long it has been since you bled for three weeks.

Nobody will be able to tell you when the balance of your hormones will be restored. Each woman and each pregnancy is different.

Please do not ever again take these pills. They are very dangerous. If this is your first pregnancy especially, you should take Vitamin D3 for the rest of your life. This is because abortion makes it much more likely a woman will get breast cancer, and the type of breast cancer, triple negative, kills 1/4 of its victims. Vitamin D3 helps prevent this. I recommend 5000IU to start. You will need to have your blood tested occasionally to make sure you are not getting too much. Your blood should have about 75 ng/ml. 100 is too high. Also, when you do get pregnant again, please tell your doctor you had a pill abortion. He may need to do extra procedures to safeguard the health of your baby, but he needs to know about it. Pill abortions can harm your future children. If you are not married, as long as you have sex, you will have fear of pregnancy, and you deserve better. There are no methods for preventing birth that are completely reliable, other than not having sex.

Please keep in touch and let me know how you do.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.