Abortion/incomplete abortion??

Question
Hi there! I have just recently done a home abortion unfortunately the name of the pills escapes me but they were small, white and pentagon shaped, she gave me 3 of these pills which I have taken about 5 hours later I had cramping and some clotting but not heavy bleeding. 2 days later there was a strange flesh like substance however the nurse, who I feel really doesn't know what she is talking about is unsure as to what it was or weather or not it was the fetus. I have take 10 other large white pills and began anti biotics, but I have not experienced heavy bleeding and the little bleeding and clotting that I did experience stopped completely once the fleshey substance came out. I do not want to go for a cleaning as I heard it is dangerous and could cause scarring and possible prevention of future pregnancies. Please help me I'm really at a loss of what to do.

Aindrea

Answer
You should have an ultrasound if possible.  You do not have to have a D&C.  You would just need to repeat the medication.  We have our patients take either 2 of the white pills under the tongue or 4 tablets (2 on each side of the mouth between the cheek and the gum).  If this is an early pregnancy then the bleeding is lighter especially if you were under 7 weeks pregnant.  If over 7 weeks then you should have an ultrasound to make sure all the tissue passed.  

Abortion

Doctor Early Options