Abortion/Negative PT 4days after abortion

I had a medical abortion about 5-6 days ago. I took 1 Mifepristone and then 4tabs of Misoprostol after 26hours. I bled and passed out clots after 4hours after taking Misoprostol. There was a tissue/flesh-like thing which I suspect was the embryo but I'm not really sure. After which, I didn't really bleed very heavily. It was more like just a little heavier than my period. After a day or two, I experienced cramping which was a little painful but tolerable, and a heavier flow as compared to my first day. Just last night, I passed a clot again. I'm not sure if it was a real blood but for me it seemed like a tissue or a flesh again. And now I'm bleeding normally. Also, 2days ago, I tried having a pregnancy test. It turned out to be negative already. Although I still experience breast tenderness. I'm quite confused. This is my first time doing it and no one really knows about it so i had to do it alone. I wanna make sure that I have really expelled the embryo and that I'm no longer pregnant. What are the signs of successful expulsions? What are the signs that it's still in the womb? Are the chances high that it won't get expelled? How come I have quickly come negative the last time I had my pregnancy test? Is that normal? I was 8weeks pregnant when I did it, counting from my LMP. Hope to have clear answers to my concern.

Thank you very much.

ANSWER: Hello, Aien,

There is a very good chance you would have miscarried. It wouldn't be very common for a woman to have a negative test just a few days after taking those pills, especially at 8 weeks. In fact, most of the time, they won't even "work" at 8 weeks. If you were unable to identify anything other than it was flesh-like, I consider that to be further indication you might have miscarried if you had left your body alone. You should test again in about a week, because I am suspicious that these pills may suppress the hormone for awhile, but not over the next several weeks.

There is nothing normal about having an abortion, so what you are experiencing isn't normal, either. Be prepared for sudden, unexpected, heavy bleeding. Try to eat some food with red hot peppers in it every day, or take cayenne as a supplement. A woman should NEVER do this alone! These pills are dangerous, and if you have a complication, there is no one there to help you!

If you put any pills in your vagina, you need to see a doctor immediately! Have him test you for Clostridium sordellii. If you have it, he needs to start aggressive life-saving treatment immediately. Pills in the vagina plus Clostridium sordellii in the body can cause a massive infection, and a woman's body doesn't fight back. Once symptoms start, the woman will be dead within hours, and I don't know of a single case where a woman survived. Please do this! Yes, I am aware that abortion is illegal in the Philippines, but I personally would much rather deal with having done something illegal than to die from a massive infection. Most likely, you are at risk for this for another week.

You deserve better.

From now on, you need to take Vitamin D3, for the rest of your life. This will help protect you from breast cancer. The chance of getting breast cancer is much greater after abortion. About 5000IU a day is a good dose. You will need to have your blood tested occasionally to make sure it doesn't go above 100ng/ml. You are aiming for around 75ng/ml.

Please keep in touch and let me know how you do. If the abortion wasn't successful, please DO NOT TAKE ANY MORE PILLS. They won't work anyway. There are organizations in Philippines that will help you. I won't have time to look them up right now, but when I get back a few hours from now, I will revise this message with this information.

QUESTION: Thank you for the response and for the advice. As for the pills, I took them orally/sublingually, and put nothing in my vagina. I looked for the pregnancy test kit I used and realized that there were still two lines, it's just that the test line is just lighter. I took another test now, and had the same result. Do you think I have successfully aborted the the fetus? I know that the pregnancy test will come out negative only after 3weeks to about a month. I really  didn't want the pregnancy. Right now, it's been a week and my bleeding has lessened. Also, I am taking Doxycycline. I started it about 4 hours after the first pill. I'm still taking it now. How big is the chance that I have gotten rid of it already?

Thank you very much.

Hello, Aien,

You're welcome.

The fact that you didn't put anything into your vagina greatly reduces your chance of getting a deadly infection, though it doesn't mean there is no chance. But I would tend not to worry about that. Doxycycline only combats bacteria. It won't do a thing against viruses. And many of the diseases you could get are caused by viruses and fungus. Since you are taking Doxycycline, you need to be getting pro-biotics. The best sources is fermented food. I like kefir, sauerkraut, and kim chee, but I don't know how readily you can get those. But an antibiotic tends to destroy or greatly damage the beneficial bacteria your body needs. The pills you took to end the pregnancy have lowered your body's resistance to disease.

I am having trouble figuring out something here, and maybe you can help me. Are you so insistent on getting rid of the baby that you are willing to risk your life to do it?

Since you said you are 8 weeks, the pills are not that likely to cause an end to your pregnancy. If you really passed the baby, you should have seen a recognizable form, because at 8 weeks, the baby is fully formed. So I am wondering. If the pills DID end the pregnancy, you probably would have miscarried anyway. You wouldn't have to take such dangerous pills. I think the pills will suppress the reading on the pregnancy test. You really need to see a doctor. I am giving you some phone numbers. Please call one of them. They can put you in touch with a good doctor who will help you.

0919-2337783 (text)

Please don't risk your life anymore. It isn't worth it. If you don't want a baby, you can give him up for adoption. You don't have to risk your life. Please take care of yourself. Let me know what happens. But please call the phone number that is closest to you.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.