Abortion/question regarding after abortion

Question
I have medical abortion on august 23 and i was bleeding for 2 and half weeks and I also went back to have a follow up and everything is fine. During this time, I took birth control pill however I stop the birth control pill after i finish it. Until now I still didn't have my period yet? Is there a problem or should i go back to check up? or is the birth control delay my period?

Answer
Hello, crystal,

Pill abortions and contraceptives disrupt a woman's hormones. The disrupting can be severe and last for weeks. There are also some fairly serious long term medical problems that can occur. Pill abortions are not safe! They are actually very dangerous.

If you are taking birth control because you are having sex, please think about this. Birth control pills are not foolproof. And they can cause some fairly serious problems, too. In fact, they can cause blood disorders that kill. They are especially dangerous if a woman is a smoker. I don't know if you are or not. I also don't know if you are married or not. If you are not, please be aware that pregnancy is not the only risk. Birth control depresses a woman's immune system, making it easier for her to get a sexually transmitted disease. If your partner has ever had sex with anyone else, even if he hasn't told you about it, you are at risk.

You deserve better than this.

You can wait and see if your period comes. If you want to go to the doctor, you certainly can. Do NOT go to anyone who gave you the pills. They cannot be trusted. Giving a pregnant woman such poisonous pills is bad medicine. It will take time for your body to return to normal, so patience is an option. Whether or not you go to the doctor is up to you.

Please take care of yourself. No more abortions! Stay safe! Let me know what happens.

Abortion

Pat G