Abortion/retained tissue after abortion

QUESTION: hello sir,
i was 7 weeks pregnant when i opted for medication abortion.everything went normal.i passed out a large mass with menstrual blood.but after the final usg the results showed a 29mm retained tissue.everything else was normal.what should i do??would it pass during my next period

ANSWER: You can take a repeat dose of Misoprotol 800 micrograms buccally to help expel the retained tissue.

QUESTION: thank u so much for your instant reply.i hav taken misoprostol 800 bucally again.the bleeding has resumed but in very small quantity.i am passing tiny clots like my normal menses.i dont need to use a sanitary napkin.but i havent observed any bigger clot yet.would this cause infertility or any kind of infection?i am very scared.please help

No, It does not cause infertility.  You can repeat a second dose of the Misoprostol to make sure you pass all of the retained tissue.  Sometimes, it takes a second dose.  Our patients prefer to use the Misoprostol so we always give them extra doses of medication.  

Doctor Early Options

We are a group of family doctors who provide abortion care for over a decade. We can answer any health or medical related questions about early abortion, including the aspiration procedure, the abortion pill (RU486), or surgical abortion. We run a practice called Early Options, located in New York City: The practice is dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. There are other family doctors around the United States who practice a similar approach to early abortion care: see Please do not ask "private" questions so that other women can learn from your experience. Please tell me what country you are from so that we can better help you.

Experience in the area: We are all board certified family doctors who have special training in early abortion and reproductive health. Dr. Joan Fleischman is the founder of Early Options ( dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. Organizations: National Abortion Federation American Association of Family Physicians

Dr. Joan Fleischman, Founder M.D., Harvard Medical School M.P.A., John F. Kennedy School of Government