Abortion/vaginal discharge

i had an abortion 7 months ago...a medical one..av had itchy vaginal for the third time...and a discharge that has no odour...bur jus nat comfortable with it.....
what could it be?

Hello, ed,

Itchiness like that could mean a problem. I urge you to see a doctor. He needs to test you for various infections, including sexually transmitted diseases. There are about 50 of them, so make sure he tests for all of them. If you had a surgical abortion, there is the possibility that you got an infection from the abortion itself. Abortionists rarely clean their instruments properly. So a woman can get a sexually transmitted disease if the previous client had one. After a pill abortion, a woman's immune system is depressed, so it is easier for her to get an infection from other causes for awhile afterward. So please have this checked out right away.

Normally, a woman has two kinds of discharge within the month. The transparent, slippery discharge means she is fertile. The cloudy discharge that isn't slippery means she is not fertile. And a woman will have no discharge at all for part of the month. So the discharge by itself may not mean anything. But the itchiness might.

If you are not married, but you are still having sex, you are at risk to get a sexually transmitted disease or infection if your partner has ever slept with anyone else, even if he hasn't told you about it. You deserve your bodily integrity and your self respect. Abortion is dangerous. It can kill you or kill or harm your future children. Please, no more abortions! If you are not married, stop having sex. Have a talk with your partner about this. He needs to stop putting you at risk.

I hope you are able to find out what is causing the problem. Please let me know. Please keep yourself safe.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.