Abortion/Abortion

Question
I have recently had an abortion on nov. 28th and it's been about four days since. My boyfriend keeps wanting to have sex and so do I. But more protected. Is it alright to have sex? Everything went okay and the bleeding isn't too bad and I'm fine emotionally but I would like to have sex again.

Answer
Alexandria, It is usually recommended to not have sex for about 2 weeks after an abortion. Your body needs time to heal. Also, it is usual to have a post abortion checkup in about 2 weeks. Are you scheduled for this? There is really no such thing as "protected" sex because no birth control method is 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. So think about what you are going to do if you get pregnant again. Having repeat abortions can be a problem. Even one abortion can cause you to have physical, emotional and psychological repercussions. Please let me know if I can help you with any of that. Please write me at CHERYL51@aol.com so we can talk more.

Sincerely,
Diane Cheryl

Abortion

Diane Cheryl