Abortion/Bleeding after abortion

Question
I had an abortion on December 5-6. I had an D/E and everything went well. I have had the cramps and the discomfort but I am concerned with the bleeding. I am not bleeding alot because I am taking the Ergonovine and my uterus is returning to normal. The bleeding I am experiencing is more like watered down blood, is this normal? I am not a heavy bleeder during my cycle so I am just wondering of this a normal part of post abortion bleeding?

Answer
This sounds normal especially if you are on medication.  It is causing the uterus to contract and prevent blood clots from forming.  As long as you are not soaking more than 1 pad in 1 hour or passing clots larger than a quarter there is no need for concern.

Abortion

Doctor Early Options