Abortion/Bleeding after abortion

I had an abortion on December 5-6. I had an D/E and everything went well. I have had the cramps and the discomfort but I am concerned with the bleeding. I am not bleeding alot because I am taking the Ergonovine and my uterus is returning to normal. The bleeding I am experiencing is more like watered down blood, is this normal? I am not a heavy bleeder during my cycle so I am just wondering of this a normal part of post abortion bleeding?

This sounds normal especially if you are on medication.  It is causing the uterus to contract and prevent blood clots from forming.  As long as you are not soaking more than 1 pad in 1 hour or passing clots larger than a quarter there is no need for concern.

Doctor Early Options

We are a group of family doctors who provide abortion care for over a decade. We can answer any health or medical related questions about early abortion, including the aspiration procedure, the abortion pill (RU486), or surgical abortion. We run a practice called Early Options, located in New York City: The practice is dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. There are other family doctors around the United States who practice a similar approach to early abortion care: see Please do not ask "private" questions so that other women can learn from your experience. Please tell me what country you are from so that we can better help you.

Experience in the area: We are all board certified family doctors who have special training in early abortion and reproductive health. Dr. Joan Fleischman is the founder of Early Options ( dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. Organizations: National Abortion Federation American Association of Family Physicians

Dr. Joan Fleischman, Founder M.D., Harvard Medical School M.P.A., John F. Kennedy School of Government