I had an abortion on July 12,2012 I was 19 weeks my baby was sick. Got my first period on August. Me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant it's been almost 5montha and still nothing. My periods have been 35-40 days apart. So it's hard to determine when I'm ovulating. Please help is it normal for my periods to be this way?

Since it has been less than 12 months, there is no need for concern.  The irregular period is causing problems with ovulation prediction.  There are kits that can assist you but I have found, just relaxing and trying to enjoy sex is better.  Anecdotal stories of people getting pregnant after they stop trying really true.  Your level of concern also depends on you age.  If you are over 35, then you should follow-up with your doctor after 6 months.  Under 35, then after 12 months.  Using the ovulation prediction kits are very helpful.  

Doctor Early Options

We are a group of family doctors who provide abortion care for over a decade. We can answer any health or medical related questions about early abortion, including the aspiration procedure, the abortion pill (RU486), or surgical abortion. We run a practice called Early Options, located in New York City: http://www.EarlyAbortionOptions.com. The practice is dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. There are other family doctors around the United States who practice a similar approach to early abortion care: see http://www.EarlyAbortion.com. Please do not ask "private" questions so that other women can learn from your experience. Please tell me what country you are from so that we can better help you.

Experience in the area: We are all board certified family doctors who have special training in early abortion and reproductive health. Dr. Joan Fleischman is the founder of Early Options (earlyabortionoptions.com) dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. Organizations: National Abortion Federation American Association of Family Physicians

Dr. Joan Fleischman, Founder M.D., Harvard Medical School M.P.A., John F. Kennedy School of Government