Abortion/severe menstrual cramps after abortion..

Unfortunately I chose to have an abortion 2 months ago. I had the procedure its Dec.22nd. I have not had my period since the procedure.
I thought I could be late because my body was healing. I have not had unprotected sex
since making the choice to have an I starting having such bad cramps
it woke me up from my sleep and I layed in bed all day. I had to go to work and not once
did the pain stop for even a moment. When I pee I feel a lot of pressure in my uterus area,
I even get sharp mains where my ovaries should be located. The pain brought me to
tears 3 times today and I've broken bones and had stiches where I never cried.
Obviously I need to see a doctor but me being so embarassed and worried holds me
back. Could something have gone wrong during the procedure? A bloodclot? Cist?
I'm so confused, embarrassed, worried and stressed..I'm just trying to get an
idea of what kind of things can go wrong because of an abortion procedure,
and a selfish mistake.

Hello, melissa,

I am really sorry you have been through all this, especially having an abortion you really didn't want. From what you describe, I wonder if the abortion was truly "successful". Do you have any evidence that it completely failed in any way? Or is it more likely that it was partly successful, but you didn't pass everything? What kind of abortion did you have? It almost sounds like you are experiencing a form of labor because the abortion wasn't complete. Complications are quite common, by the way.

There are organizations in Canada that can help you. They have had much experience with situations like yours, and have doctors affiliated with them. Don't be too embarrassed; your health, perhaps your life, is at stake. There is really no way anybody is going to be able to tell you over the internet what the problem is. Someone needs to examine and test you.

These organizations will also help you with the regret you feel, the emotions, the need for spiritual healing, and so forth.

Please contact the organization nearest you and go see them. You can find an organization near you by going to this web site:

Please keep in touch. I will be here for you. I would like very much to keep informed of how you are doing, and I will pray for you, for your physical, emotional, and spiritual healing. Please take care of yourself.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.