Hi Pat G, I am still a teen and 5 weeks & 2 days pregnant from the day we conceived. There's this medicine named cortal, a pain releiver,  that my friend gave me and he said that it is effective but i'm not sure if its effectivity is only good for certain weeks of pregnancy. I am totally confused on what to do to abort this baby. I just need more information about the risks and what should i do to abort this baby successfully. Thank you for taking time to read what I have written.

Hello, Princess,

Cortal won't do anything. It's useless to try, at any point. Having an abortion by any means is very, very dangerous. It can kill you, or cause you serious medical harm. Do you have the money to pay for medical care if you have a complication? Furthermore, it is pointless at this stage to try any other pills. They won't work, either. And an abortion can also cause SERIOUS harm to your future children. It's not worth it. It may also cause severe emotional problems. A woman who has an abortion is 8 times as likely to commit suicide as a woman who carries the baby. And it can cause other kinds of mental harm. I experienced the horrible nightmares some women experience. I wouldn't wish that off on my worst enemy.

Abortion is illegal in Philippines, and no ethical doctor will do one on a woman anyway. Only people who butcher women.

You deserve better.

There are organizations with people who will help you. They will help you find real solutions to the problems you face, not just some terribly traumatic, ineffective, dangerous attack on your body.

I don't know which of these would be closest to you, but here are the phone numbers and email address for these organizations. Please contact the one which is closest to you. They will help you with real answers.

733 7027
0919233 (text)

or write

Please take care of yourself and keep yourself safe. Please let me know how you do. I will be here any time you need to talk.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.