Abortion/abortion pill

Can a baby survive the abortion pill. I went to have a abortion and took the first tablet I went back two days after for the other but I could not do it. What are the chances of my baby surviving. I was 15 wk and 2 day when I took the pill. Thankyou.

Hello, lindsey,

Assuming they gave you Mifepristone, it probably had absolutely no effect, other than possibly to make you bleed. A baby at 15 weeks makes his own progesterone. The pill "works" by stopping the mother's supply to the baby. So I think you'll be OK, and the baby will, too. We cannot predict when a baby may have a health problem for other reasons, but it is extremely unlikely your baby will have one as a result of you taking the pill. I don't even know why anyone gave it to you. They should know it probably won't work.

For purposes of reassurance, you might find it helpful to see the doctor and let him examine you. Most likely they will take an ultrasound, and you should be able to see for yourself that your baby is fine.

Please feel free to come back and talk to me any time, and do let me know how you are doing. I will be here. Take care, and take good care of that precious baby!

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.