I had a medical abortion before a week, my bleeding was normal until the end of the week, then it stopped for one day, I thought it is finished but the next day i started to bleed and it was different than the previous days it is a clot i am afraid is it normal? from africa

Hello, hanan,

Having an abortion isn't normal. You should be prepared for unexpected heavy bleeding any time during the next few weeks. The clot may have been your baby. But most likely, you will continue to have intermittent bleeding for awhile. The most important thing is to make sure that you don't bleed too much. If you do, seek medical help. Drink plenty of fluids when you do bleed heavily, especially if you start to feel weak.

Be sure and eat plenty of food with red hot peppers in it for the next few weeks. I think some of your cuisine is naturally spiced with red hot peppers anyway. It should help with the bleeding.

Please don't ever take those pills again. They can kill you. You deserve better than abortion. Please take care of yourself. Keep in touch and let me know how you do. I will be here for you.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.