Abortion/INCOMPLETE MEDICAL ABORTION

Question
QUESTION: I am 22 years old, I had medical abortion last month with mtp kit, i took mifepristone on 13 dec 2013 about at 8 p.m. and after 48 hours i took  2 misoprostol of 200 mcg each on 15 dec, i didnt felt anything after taking mifepristone and after taking misoprostol i had little pain in my lower abdomen and had vomit after 15min, then within half an hour i started bleeding and passed a lemon sized clot it was not so big ,the bleeding remained for less than two hours and then it got reduced to very little amount, then after 24 hours i took the second dose of 2 misoprostol of 200 mcg each on 16 dec evening, and i felt nothing but on the next day i suffered from very bad stomach pain the pain was more external less internal i was not  able to walk and drive, then after one week on monday that is on 24 dec i started bleeding again heavily and passed a clot much bigger than the last one, againg the bleeding remained for two hours and then got reduced, i went the sonography of my pelvic and i came to know that some tissue is still remaining inside so i took another dose of misoprestol on 31 dec at night, again nothing happened no pain nothing then after 48 hours again i took 2 misoprostol of 200 mcg each but nothing worked according to me, because i did'nt passed anything but the little sticky lace like bleeding is continuous till now and i have noticed something whitish in that sticky bleeding and sometimes i passed little pure blood while urinating but it can be ignored because it was not much. I have done this without consulting any doctor because i m bachelor and i cant tell anyone about this, i need your advise i want to know whether these medicines have worked or not, i have completed the abortion or not, if not what should i do? I am very much tensed please help me...thank you, khushi

ANSWER: Hello, khushi,

How far along were you when you took the first pills? Are you measuring from your last menstrual period, or from when you think you conceived?

Please do not take any more pills! They are very dangerous. They can kill you. They can harm your future children, cause you to develop breast cancer or auto-immune disease, to bleed to death, or to die from massive infection. They can cause medical problems for years to come.

Nobody will be able to tell you over the internet whether a pill abortion was successful. That will require either waiting to see, or seeing a doctor. The most anyone can tell you here is whether or not a woman is likely to succeed at abortion at different times in her pregnancy.

Please let me know the answers to my questions. I will then be able to tell you more. Try to take it easy. There isn't much point in being in a state of panic. It will actually make the abortion more dangerous. I know this isn't easy, but do try. Take care.

QUESTION: I AM MEASURING FROM MY LAST MENSTRUAL PERIOD THAT WAS ON 30 OCTOBER 2013.
I HOPE I AM MEASURING RIGHT IF NOT THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO MEASURE IT. AND PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL FOR ME PLEASE HELP ME I CANT TELL THIS TO ANYONE AND I DON'T WANT GO FOR SURGICAL ABORTION. PLEASE HELP ME.
THANK YOU,
KHUSHI

ANSWER: Hello, khushi,

You were toward the end of the time when the pills will do what you want them to do, but there was still the possibility that they wouldn't do anything except make you bleed and threaten your life. Who told you that you still have tissue in your body?

I can't do "the needful" for you. You will need to see a doctor. You can get some decent help here:

Catholic Health Association Of Andhra
Pradesh (CHAAP),
Kothuru Tadepally,
Kamakotinagar (Via),
Vijayawada Rural Mandal,Krishna Dt,AP 520 012,Phone No. 0866-2812727 ,
E-Mail: chaap2011@gmail.com

I hope you will visit these people and let them help you. You are endangering your life and you deserve better. I can't help you endanger your life. That wouldn't be right. It is unethical. This organization has doctors who will check you out and do whatever needs to be done to help restore your health. Please go see them. Let me know what happens.

QUESTION: I am not able to understand, what do you mean by "You were toward the end of the time when the pills will do what you want them to do, but there was still the possibility that they wouldn't do anything except make you bleed and threaten your life. Who told you that you still have tissue in your body?"

You mean to say i am not pregnant or anything else serious abt my health.
I had also done pregnancy test and i found the test positive all the time.
Please if you could help me in my problem as i stay in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. i cannot travel to the address which is other state as to where i stay.

Please tell me the procedure to check wether the pregnancy tissues are still there is me or not and how can i get rid of them. please help me sir.

Answer
Hello, khushi,

Please know that I am female.

I mean that there is a possibility the pills caused abortion, but there is also the possibility they didn't do anything except make you bleed.

You didn't tell me who told you that you still have tissue in your body. Is someone trying to scare you?

There isn't a way you can get rid of any leftover tissue on your own. You will need medical attention for that. First you need to know if there is any tissue left.

There is also a group in your area. Please contact them. They will direct you to the clinic that is closest to you.

Catholic Health Association of Western
Region (CHAW),
Holy Spirit Hospital,Mahakali Road, Andheri E,
Mumbai,
MAHARASHTRA 400 093,
Phone:09222211481,
E-mail: sabenassps@yahoo.co.in

Please let me know what happens, and keep in touch.

Abortion

Pat G