Abortion/only slight bleeding after taking mifeprex and misoprostol, is there a good chance the medication did not work?

Question
Diane,
 I had a medical abortion procedure started two days ago. On Wednesday afternoon around 1:30pm i told one Mifeprex by mouth. Then the next morning, Thursday morning at 7am i was instructed to insert 4 misoprostol pills vaginally which i did. I did not start bleeding until 1:00pm on Thursday and i only soaked through one pad that entire day. I also did not notice any clotting or tissue with the bleeding. Today is Friday, and i haven't even been spotting most of today. There has been hardly any blood today at all. I have had 2 medical abortions in the past 11 years, and both of the others i had worse cramping and more bleeding than i did using the medication this time around. They said i was 6 weeks pregnant during the ultrasound on Wednesday. Also, the only medication that i am currently taking is Suboxone, 8mg's twice daily. I am worried that the abortion did not work this time around and i don't go back to the doctor for two more bothersome weeks. Can you please give me your best educated guess if you think my abortion worked or not and also could the suboxone have prevented the medication from working? Also, it seems the last two times i have taken the medication that there was a longer delay between the pill by mouth and the vaginally inserted pills. Was from 1:30pm on Wednesday to 7:00am on Thursday long enough of a delay between doses? Please advise, i'm scared to death i am still pregnant. Thanks a million for your help!

Answer
Courtney, I cannot advise you about abortion in a medical way or give a diagnosis. That would not be ethical. But I would contact your doctor if you think something is concerning to you. You don't have to wait two weeks if you think there is a problem. Watch out to see if you have major bleeding because that can be dangerous. I just received your question so I hope that you have more peace by now. Please email me at CHERYL51@aol.com so we can talk more and you can update me. Hope to hear from you soon. Why are you so concerned about this pregnancy? Just wondering.

Diane Cheryl

Abortion

Diane Cheryl