Abortion/placenta priva and abortion

Hello I am 39 years old and have 5 kids.  I have had 2 miscarriages in the last 6 months and 2 placenta priva one child survived the other didn't.  I also had 3 abortions one was emergency abortion because of a ovarian cyst and the other 2 was fear from placenta privia because I have had 2 blood transfusions.

I tried every contraceptive possible I got pregnant 3 time on 3 different IUD's have done the pill.

My question is I just did a test its positive I feel guilty doing the abortion but I don't want to go through what I did before is it better for me to do the abortion?  I feel something will go wrong if I continue with this pregnancy.

Hello, summer,

First of all, it really sounds like your doctor cannot be trusted to take the best care of you. I don't see any reason whatsoever why an abortion should be done for an ovarian cyst. On the OTHER hand, if you had a tubal pregnancy, it was necessary. But in that case, it wasn't an ovarian cyst. Doing an abortion on you for placenta previa is also bad medical care. Placenta previa may make a Caesarian section necessary at birth, but it is NOT a reason to do an abortion. In fact, doing an abortion on a woman with placenta previa could kill her. So the first thing you need to do is find another doctor. Seriously!

With very few exceptions, you are much better off continuing your pregnancy. Abortion is dangerous. It can cause a lot of complications, and it can kill you or kill your future children or seriously harm them. Don't think that you should get an abortion because of a feeling something might go wrong! The only thing I can think of that might make surgery necessary is tubal pregnancy. If you start to feel pain in the next few weeks, especially on one side, go see the doctor immediately. If this doesn't happen, try not to worry about it. Get good prenatal care from a doctor who knows abortion is dangerous, that abortion is bad medicine, and that it is bad for women. If there is a problem, he can let you know, and take the proper steps to protect your health. But if you go get an abortion, and it kills you, who will take care of your children? If you have a serious complication, do you have the money to pay for medical care? And keep in mind, abortion CAUSES placenta previa and it is entirely possible that your previous abortions is why you had that problem in the first place. Blood transfusions do NOT cause placenta previa! The most common cause of placenta previa is scarring in the uterus, caused either by a previous surgical abortion or by a sexually transmitted disease. It happens because the baby cannot find a place further up in the uterus, to attach.

It sounds like you are married. If not, the only method of contraception that really works is not to have sex at all. If you are married, the most reliable method of preventing pregnancy is natural family planning. This is a method for determining when you are fertile, and avoiding sex at that time. You have to chart faithfully, and you cannot be using hormones. For more information, visit this web site:

You deserve better than abortion. You deserve a doctor who will take good care of you and not butcher your body because you present some unusual problems. There are doctors who specialize in high risk pregnancies. Find one of them. Ask around. Please don't even think about doing another abortion.

Please keep in touch and let me know how you do.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.