Abortion/vaginal itch since surgical abortion

Its been 3 weeks since I had an abortion i took my meds and everything but now i have vaginal itch is that normal?

Hello, Sara,

There is a good chance you picked up an infection from your abortion. This is extremely common. You should be checked out. Most abortionists do not sterilize their instruments properly, if at all, so you can get an infection from a previous client. I recommend you go to the doctor, and have him check you thoroughly. Have him check you for sexually transmitted diseases. There are about 50 of them. Please keep in mind that the only thing they can treat with meds is bacteria. But viruses and fungus can also cause infection. I can't talk long now, but I will talk more later. There are other health problems you now face as a result of your abortion, and I will go into that if you are interested. Please let me know what you find out, and take care.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.