Abortion/not bleeding after taking several abortion pills

Question
hi
i'm now 10 weeks pregnant and i opted for pills instead of other several procedures available. first i took ru-468 and after 6 hours i inserted 4 tablets of misoprostol(200mcg each)into my private part but i didn't get any form of bleeding, after which i took again another 4 tablets of misoprostol after another 8 hours through my mouth as instructed, but still i get the same result(not bleeding at all). please help me out ASAP.
        thank you.

Answer
Leone,

Thanks for your question. I see you are in India so your protocol for medication abortions may be different that the protocol my clinic in the United States offer. We offer the RU-486(also called Mifeprex in the States) and misoprostol as a form of abortion but we only offer it up to 9 weeks of pregnancy.These two combinations of medications only work 97% of the time.. and that number represents up to 9 weeks of pregnancy. Since you are farther along in your pregnancy it is possible that the combination of medications is failing to help you pass your pregnancy. Now the Mifeprex(RU486), that pill ended the hormones to your pregnancy and the misoprostol is supposed to dilate you and make your pregnancy pass out of your body. In some cases it does not work. It is very possible that that is what is going on with you. I recommend that you call the abortion clinic that you went to and explain the situation. You really need an ultrasound to see if there is a pregnancy still in your uterus. If the pregnancy is still there, the clinic is most likely going to need to do an in-clinic suction abortion, or if they don't provide that service they will have to refer you to someone that does. Please get in touch with the clinic immediately okay. They can help you out further. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. And please rate  my answer. Good Luck to you!

April

Abortion

April