Abortion/heavy, gushing bleeding 6 weeks after medical abortion

Question
Hello, I had a medical abortion 6 weeks ago, the follow up was 5 weeks ago, and I have been constantly bleeding since then. I also started taking birth control pills. The bleeding has gotten very heavy in the last week alone, with large blood clots passing through and at times the blood will literally pour out of me. Is this normal? What if the bleeding doesn't subside or stop in 7, 8, 9, 10 weeks? Please help

Answer
Bleeding can last on and off for weeks, and sometimes months, after taking the abortion pill. The increase in the amount of bleeding you've been having could be a period, but it's very difficult to say for sure without an examination.

That being said, if you are concerned, you should see a doctor. Definitely see someone if you are bleeding through more than 1 pad an hour.  

Abortion

Doctor Early Options