Hi I had an abortion by pill when I was 6wks pregnant with twins. I didn't receive a follow up appointment from my hospital.

I telephoned the hospital to let them know that 4 weeks later I still hadn't had my period. The hospital arranged my follow up appointment.

Today I went to my appointment and after a urine sample tested positive that I am pregnant a scan showed that I am now 13 weeks pregnant with one surviving twin and also an empty sack. I was told that there was a 1% chance of this happening so has come at quite a shock.

I would like any advice possible here, the only thing I request is that the advice is for both to carry on with the abortion and the pregnancy and the complications of both of these outcomes.

Thank you in advance for you're help.

Stephanie, I have read and heard stories of twins in this situation. One twin was aborted and the other lived. You can probably do a search online and find these stories. I would recommend carrying the surviving baby to term. I don't recommend abortion. Was the doctor able to say any advice or additional information? I would really like you to email me at CHERYL51@aol.com
I would like to stay in touch with you during this time if you would. Let me know. When you email me I will see if I can find more information about complications of both decisions.

Diane Cheryl

Diane Cheryl

Please email me at CHERYL51@aol.com if I am "maxed out" on questions. I will answer as soon as I can. Please be patient because I get many emails. If I don't answer within a reasonable time, please email me again and put ALLEXPERTS in the subject line of your email. Thanks. Please contact me if you would like information about abortion procedures. What are your questions or concerns about an abortion? I also would be able to help with resources and networking. I can provide insight about emotional and psychological aspects of abortion. I would like to help you with up-to-date info and advice. I haven't had an abortion myself, but have 3 close friends who have experienced abortion and I can relate through them. I can also provide resources if you have experienced any post-abortion problems; medical, psychological, emotional, or spiritual. PRIVATE QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME!

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women in unexpected pregnancy situations. I also provide resources for PASS (Post Abortion Stress Syndrome).

Illinois Valley Community College (LaSalle-Peru, Illinois), Austin Community College and Travel Agent Degree.
Almost 25 years of on-the-job training onsite at abortion clinics and volunteering at pregnancy resource centers. Sonogram training and Post Abortion Counseling Training. Have done research with hundreds of women for almost 25 years regarding abortion, pregnancy and post-abortion healing.