Abortion/Hello Pat

QUESTION: My name is felicity I recently turned 18 I have
1 daughter who I had by c-section when I was
16..I recently got pregnant and I got abortion
I took the pill.. I did not want the abortion and I know
The pill is so dangerous I but at the time I took
It i did not realize it.. I'm very scared.. I had gotten
It the 02/14/13  I took the first pill by mouth in the clinic
That was the mifepristone then the next day I took
Orally the misoprostol I bleed not to heavily
And I'm still bleeding.. I really wanted the baby but
Both my bf and I won't be able to provide or it
Is what caused me to get it.. I feel so guilty
Of doing this not only did I harm my baby I harmed
Myself.. My question is if when I go back to get my
Check up and I'm still pregnant should I just leave it at that
Would it cause birth defects in my baby If I decide
To keep it.. At the time I did this I was 5 weeks and 5 days
Is there any place in Fresno ca that I can trust
To provide me with the care I really need after the
Abortion pill?

Thank you..

ANSWER: Hello, Felicity,

A woman should never have an abortion she doesn't want. I am so sorry you have been going through this. I don't know what chance you have that your baby is OK, if the pills work as expected. Ordinarily, a woman can get progesterone treatment for a couple of weeks, and everything will be fine, if the baby hasn't been hurt. On the other hand, if you still have your baby, it is unlikely there is any major damage. If you are calculating from the day you think you conceived, the chance is very, very great your baby is fine.

Under the circumstances, you also would benefit from some counseling.

I can provide you with the information you seek. I am sorry you didn't learn about this earlier, because they would have helped you with the problems you face as well. You should contact them immediately, just in case there is a chance your baby is OK.

I am talking with live chat with http://www.optionline.org. They advised you head for the hospital, and on the way, call this number: 877-558-0333. They will instruct you concerning the protocol for reversing the effect of the pills. I am unable to get my browser to work with their search function right now, so I will have to get that information to you sometime in the next hour. This will include specific information on pregnancy help centers in Fresno, to which you can go for the other help you will need. Hopefully before the chat is ended, I will have that information. You can also call 1-800-712-4357, or email answers@optionline.org. Finally, you can look in the Yellow Pages under Abortion Alternatives.

I am still waiting for additional information, but I have received the following:

Here's a link to the website if you want to see check it out: http://www.abortionpillreversal.com/.

Here are some local Hospitals with Er's  

Saint Agnes Medical Center
FRESNO, CA 93710

Fresno Heart And Surgical Hospital
FRESNO, CA 93720

I will be back in touch as soon as I have the rest of the information I have asked for, so please keep checking here (when you are not in the hospital) for that information.

I will be praying for you.

QUESTION: Thank you..
And when I was at plan parenthood
And they did the ultrasound and then took
Me to the counselor to talk about the abortion
Before I done it.. It seemed like they
We're just telling me what I wanted to hear
I keep telling myself if only I can go back
But I know that isn't possible..
Even though the pill has been in my system
For about 4 days now their is a way to reverse
It? The bleed has lightened up now
I really didn't have that many blood clots
So idk how it worked.. And I didn't have that
Much pain either it just felt like regular
Cramps to me.. I didn't have a fever at all during
It not even chills.. So I'm hoping the baby is still alive
Cause I do regret my decision and I want to give my
Baby a chance at life...

OK, here is the rest of the information. If you go right now and get treatment, there is still a chance. I will be in prayer for you. Please take good care, and let me know how things work out. God loves you, and so do I.

Pregnancy Care Center  
169 N Clark St. Fresno CA 93701
Business Hours: MThF 8:15a-5p; TW 8:15a-7p; Sat 8a-2p,

Turning Point Pregnancy Center  
681 S. Madera Ave Kerman CA 93630
Business Hours: TTH 11a-5p; W 11a-7p

Trinity Pregnancy Resource Center  
209 South 4th Street Chowchilla CA 93610
Business Hours: MTH 10a-4p; Sat 11a-2p

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.