i got abortion an hoour ago...can i take methergine instead of scraping to remove the excess?

Hello, shiela,

Having an abortion was not a wise thing to do. You can do anything you want, obviously. However, methergine is derived from a poison: ergot, and resembles a street drug. I don't recommend that anyone take it for any reason.

Did you have a pill abortion? If so, how far along were you when you took the pills? Did you measure from when you think you conceived or from your last menstrual period? What did you take, and where did you take it? Why did you say you got an abortion an hour ago? Are you still bleeding? Or did you have a surgical abortion? If you have any medical problems, you need to see a doctor who knows how to handle complications from abortion. A person who does abortions won't have this knowledge, and they cannot be trusted to protect a woman from harm, because abortion is dangerous. It is bad medicine.

Please let me know the answers to my questions. I will be away for a few hours and can comment more when I return. Please take care of yourself. No more abortions. Keep yourself safe.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.