Abortion/Medical Abortion

I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend, she took two tablets of gynaecosid and after 5 days she had periods cause of tablets....
But we need to know is she pregnant or not, as her last period date started on 23rd Jan and ended on 27th Jan.... we had unprotected sex on 1st Feb and on 5th Feb she had periods cause of tablets but now its 23rd Feb and her monthly periods still not happened so please tell me is she pregnant ?? please tell me

Hello, Nayab,

Gynaecosid isn't supposed to be used in that way. It can cause your girlfriend to bleed to death. She should never take it if she suspects she is pregnant. It can also disrupt her cycle, so the fact she doesn't have a period doesn't mean anything. She deserves for you to protect her from pregnancy, dangerous drugs, and abortion. You need to make sure she doesn't harm herself in any way. If she is pregnant, don't even consider abortion. It can kill her. It can kill or seriously harm her future children. It can cause serious long term medical problems. She deserves better.

There is no way anyone can tell you over the internet whether your girlfriend is pregnant or not. She needs to be tested or examined by a doctor. Be patient, though. She may have a delayed period. No more pills! They are dangerous. They can cause a woman to bleed to death, or develop a massive infection that will kill her within hours. They can cause her to get breast cancer before she is 40. This kind of breast cancer kills 1/4 of its victims. They can cause other SERIOUS long term medical problems. Find a doctor who knows abortion is bad medicine, and ask the questions.

If she is pregnant, obviously things will not be easy in your country. The safest thing to do is to take her to a different part of the country, and live there until she has her baby. If you need any other kind of help, contact any Catholic church in your country and ask them where you can find help. They will usually know. They will not harm you or her in any way.

She deserves for you to respect her body. "Protection" doesn't work. There is a reason why women are not supposed to have sex before they are married. Please respect her and protect her, and don't take any more chances. If you truly love her, and the two of you want to get married, you should start making plans, but don't have sex until you are actually married.

Please let me know how things turn out.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.