Abortion/No second period after D and C

Iam from Nigeria,West Africa.I had a D and C on January 10 and had my period for 4 days starting on the 16th,that's 6 days after the d and c.I had sex with my boyfriend on February 15(5 weeks after D and C) with condom and also took emergency pill,that day.Had sex with him next day too,when I was expecting my period and was already having cramps.He used the withdrawal method,that day.Today is February 20,am still having cramps,yet no period.What could be wrong?

Take a urine pregnancy test to make sure that you are not pregnant.  the withdrawal method is not a reliable way to prevent pregnancy because men always leak sperm during intercourse. If the test is negative then the cramping is normal. if it continues more than a week please see your doctor.  You can take Ibuprofen for the pain.  

Doctor Early Options

We are a group of family doctors who provide abortion care for over a decade. We can answer any health or medical related questions about early abortion, including the aspiration procedure, the abortion pill (RU486), or surgical abortion. We run a practice called Early Options, located in New York City: The practice is dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. There are other family doctors around the United States who practice a similar approach to early abortion care: see Please do not ask "private" questions so that other women can learn from your experience. Please tell me what country you are from so that we can better help you.

Experience in the area: We are all board certified family doctors who have special training in early abortion and reproductive health. Dr. Joan Fleischman is the founder of Early Options ( dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. Organizations: National Abortion Federation American Association of Family Physicians

Dr. Joan Fleischman, Founder M.D., Harvard Medical School M.P.A., John F. Kennedy School of Government