Abortion/termination of pregnancy

Question
What immediate options are available to terminate s one mnth old pregnancy. As am not ready for it because my baby is just 4 mnths old

Answer
Hello, Elizabeth,

I assume you do not want me to recommend any method which could kill you. If that is the case, there is nothing to recommend. Any kind of abortion can kill you. Then who would take care of your 4 month old? Do you have the money to pay for complications? Complications are common and can be quite expensive. It's not at all clear to me that the NHS will pay for every possible complication you might have, especially if it is one that disables you for life. Not only that, but the long term consequences can be horrendous. You could get breast cancer before you are 40, and if you do, you would have a 1 on 4 chance of being killed by breast cancer. The emotional consequences can also be severe. A woman is 8 times as likely to commit suicide after abortion than she would be if she carried to term. Pill abortions can cause a woman to bleed to death, or to develop an infection that will kill her in just hours. Surgical abortions can cause serious damage or death in a dozen different ways. Both kinds of abortion can also harm your future children, and cause SERIOUS birth defects, such as cerebral palsy, epilepsy, mental retardation, and blindness, just to name a few.

So you are asking me to help you hurt yourself. I won't do that.

It is normal not to want to be pregnant at first. It's a hormone thing. While many women are not ready for a child during the first three months, this usually changes something during the few months following. Give yourself a chance. Your feelings shouldn't be controlling the lives of your children like that.

Your children are about a year apart in age. That is not necessarily a bad thing. I have two that are 14 months apart, and they were very close friends when they were young. It also made the load on me less because they kept each other entertained.

Before you go off and hurt yourself, and deprive your baby of a sibling he or she deserve to know and love, you should hear what your options are. You deserve better than abortion. There are organizations in UK that will help you. If you really don't want to raise a second child so close in age to your older one, you can choose adoption. To find an organization near you, please visit:

http://www.optionline.org/

Please don't even THINK of hurting yourself. Please keep yourself safe, and don't deprive your baby of a mother. Let me know how you are doing. I will be here to help you work through your feelings.

Abortion

Pat G