Abortion/late period after a d & c

I had a d & c on 2nd feb 2013, its nw 37days since then and my period hasn't returned. What could the problem be?

Hello, olive,

You are asking me a question about your body. Nobody will be able to answer questions about your body over the internet. That said, I can mention some things to help you figure out what questions to ask a doctor. You will have to be examined and tested. Do not go back to whomever did the D&C. Abortion is bad medicine, and that person has no medical judgment and cannot be trusted (I know this from personal experience).

You could still be pregnant. You could have developed anorexia, because of your emotional and spiritual reaction to the abortion. If you are suffering from malnutrition, you may not have a period for that reason. There could be scarring. Abortion disrupts a woman's hormones, and it takes awhile for them to return to a pre-pregnant state. After a woman has a baby, she doesn't always start a period right away, either. You could be doing excessive exercise. Worry could be stopping your periods. There are many different things that could be at fault.

Find a decent and ethical doctor, and have him examine and test you, and let him know you had a D&C, and see what he says. If you don't know where to find a decent doctor, look for an organization in your area that helps women. You can find one by going to this web site:

They have listings for UK, and can help you find such an organization, and these organizations have affiliations with doctors who are familiar with the consequences of abortion.

Good luck! No more abortions. They are dangerous and can harm or kill you or your future children. Feel free to write any time, and let me know what you find out. Take care.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.