Abortion/Sharp pain and spotting

Question
I had an abortion on Jan 23rd, I was around 10 weeks, I started taking my birth control right after as suggested by the doctor at the clinic, I got my period around Feb 26th, a pretty much normal period, came and went in 4 days as usual, then a few days later I started to get some cramping and bleeding, not like period blood, it was more brown in color, and not very much just here and there, I was wondering of that was normal, also, I got a sharp pain during deep intercourse a few days later, and while being active at work got a cramp/pain so bad that it made me pale and dizzy, and have had slight cramping here and there ever since, just wondering if these things are normal, or what would be casing them??

Answer
These symptoms seem to be normal.  It can take 6-8 weeks to get a normal period without starting an oral contraceptive.  The birth control pill can make the period lighter. If the pain continues or gets worse, a transvaginal ultrasound could be done to make sure you do not have an ovarian cyst.  A cyst is normal during pregnancy and should disappear after the pregnancy ends. Sometimes, the cyst can persist and cause pain.  It is not related to taking an oral contraceptive.  

Abortion

Doctor Early Options