I had an abortion on the 27th of march and I had sex on the 4th of april what is the possibility of me getting pregnant or getting an infection or anything else that could go wrong? please help!! also my spouse do not want to use a condom because he says that he cannot ejaculation when using it apart from the pill what can I use to protect myself from getting pregnant  again.

Hello, sasha,

It is unlikely that you are pregnant from having sex a week after an abortion. However, it is much more likely you could get an infection. Usually, an abortionist will tell you not to have sex for a couple of weeks.

Your husband should be PROTECTING you from abortion. It is very, very dangerous, and causes permanent medical harm. Always. He also shouldn't be using your body for personal pleasure at your expense. You both have every right to have sex and to enjoy it, and you also have every right to have a baby. But a husband should be trying to make sex as pleasurable for his wife as it is for him. When you are living in fear of pregnancy, you will not experience the pleasure to which you are entitled. Don't worry too much about condoms. They aren't good protection from pregnancy anyway. The pill is also dangerous for the woman. I do not recommend it. The most reliable method for preventing pregnancy is natural family planning, fertility awareness. You must chart faithfully, and you CANNOT be using any pills that change your hormones. You can get more information here:

I don't know if they have classes in your country, but go to your nearest Catholic church and ask them.

Please don't ever have an abortion again! You deserve better. I don't know why you don't want to be pregnant, but please think about it. Being pregnant is not a horrible thing, and if you have difficulty, there are ways to treat it. Having a child is entirely proper, and very rewarding. Please give this some serious thought. Let me know how you do, and keep yourself safe.

Pat G

I can help women with the consideration of their decision, and with resources, and I can share my own experiences as the mother of seven and grandmother of eleven. My approach is to show love and concern, and help women work through the issues, emotional, spiritual, practical. I also help women deal with boyfriend and family issues. I am not a doctor, but I have done extensive medical research, so I may be able to help with information. I am female. When you write, if you are or were pregnant, please tell me how far along you were or are, and if you have had an abortion, please tell me what kind. Thank you.

I have been working with women who are considering abortion for several years. I also work with women who have had abortions. Our family has also experienced adoption, so I can talk about that as well.

I am mostly self-taught. I also studied midwifery for awhile. I have spent years doing research on this topic. In fact, I have been doing research and working in this area since the early 1970's. I have been helping women online for a few years, under the guidance of a woman who was formally training in counseling.