Abortion/I am not bleeding after taking misoprotol

Hello, my name is Tessy from Nigeria. Am 26years old. I have a fiance. Sometime last month, we had unprotected sex and I became pregnant. He wanted us to keep it but i refuse cause am presently not ready, as am doing my masters.

I took misoprotol. I felt nothing. Then I took misoprotol again(3 tablets). I felt burning sensation and painful cramp all through the night. The pain lasted for 3days without bleeding. Then I started vomiting and feeling very weak. Also, most night, the cold is unbearable. Few days back, I noticed some discharge, whitish without smell. And is heavy. It normal stain my pant.

I am really scared cause i don't understand what is happening. I hate needle and any metal object, hence my refusal for sucture. Am already 6weeks gone. I don't know if am still pregnant. Why I did not bleed.

will be glad if my case is treated urgently.

Warm regards.

Misoprostol will not work for all women. If you have taken the misoprostol and had absolutely no bleeding, this could be an indication that the pill will not work for you. In this case, you must see a doctor for an evaluation. Once the pills are taken, the abortion process must be completed, using either the aspiration or surgical abortion technique.

I would recommend going to see a doctor as soon as possible.  

Doctor Early Options

We are a group of family doctors who provide abortion care for over a decade. We can answer any health or medical related questions about early abortion, including the aspiration procedure, the abortion pill (RU486), or surgical abortion. We run a practice called Early Options, located in New York City: The practice is dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. There are other family doctors around the United States who practice a similar approach to early abortion care: see Please do not ask "private" questions so that other women can learn from your experience. Please tell me what country you are from so that we can better help you.

Experience in the area: We are all board certified family doctors who have special training in early abortion and reproductive health. Dr. Joan Fleischman is the founder of Early Options ( dedicated to making early abortion part of mainstream medical care. Organizations: National Abortion Federation American Association of Family Physicians

Dr. Joan Fleischman, Founder M.D., Harvard Medical School M.P.A., John F. Kennedy School of Government