Abortion/lower abdomen pain

Question
i had misoprostol tab (1 tab 2 times) for 3 days ( total 6 tab ) and also antibiotics.after  taking 1st day i got fever n took paracitamol .after 3 days now i am having lower abdomen pain.is it normal?

Answer
Hello, mistun,

There is nothing normal about taking misoprostol (unless you have a stomach ulcer, because that is what the pills are for). It is a very dangerous pill that can cause a woman to bleed to death. It can also cause a woman to get a deadly infection that will kill within hours; however, it usually takes several days before the woman's organs start to fail. However, lower abdominal pain is to be expected. A woman will also bleed after taking these pills, whether she is pregnant or not. This is one of the things this pill causes, whether a woman is pregnant or not! The pill should NOT cause a fever, however. That is probably a separate incident, and it's simply a coincidence that you got it at that time, unless your body concluded that misoprostol was an infection and started to fight it on that basis. Paracitamol will only reduce fever and pain. It won't really do anything else.

I need more information. before I can tell you much. I assume you think you were/are pregnant. If so, how far along are you? Are you counting from your last menstrual period, or the day you think you conceived? Have you had any bleeding? How much? Did you take anything other than misoprostol and paracitamol? Did you put anything into your vagina? Let me know, and I'll talk further about it. Take care.

Abortion

Pat G