Abortion/Abortion with IUD

Question
I have had a Paraguard IUD in place for 7 years since after the birth of my daughter. I also have been diagnosed with PCOS resulting in irregular periods. Against all odds, I just found out I am 7 weeks pregnant. After discussing the issue with my husband, we realize that we cannot have a child at this time.

After seeing my ob/gyno verifying pregnancy and trying unsuccessfully to remove IUD, she referred me to another doctor who performs in office abortions. The doctor was unable to remove the IUD because it has moved and was to hard to get to. He said that procedure and abortion was to risky and needs to be done in a hospital. However, there are no hospitals in Houston that allow elective abortions. Because it would be a risky procedure and pregnancy, he is going to try to work something out with the Women's Hospital to see if they would consider non-elective.
I am very upset, because I keep running into obstacles and know now is not the time to have a child. Is there anything else I should consider if Women's Hospital won't allow it. Can the IUD come out with a regular abortion, or the medical (pill) abortion? Is there an avenue you would suggest I try? Thank you so much. I look forward to hearing from you.

Answer
Barbara,

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time. I hope that I am able to help.

I do not know of anyone if Houston, but there is a doctor in New York name Jacques Moritz who does complicated IUD removals. He may be able to remove the pregnancy, as well. If he will not, you could come to the Early Options offices, www.earlyabortionoptions.com.

If you would like to call Dr. Moritz, his office number is (212)-603-4160. If you would like to call and speak with someone at Early Options, you can call (718)-638-4094 and ask for Lori.  

Abortion

Doctor Early Options