Abortion/Bleeding with abortion pill

Question
The end of march, i was six weeks along and i took the abortion pill. Everything went as they described. Two weeks later i stopped bleeding and had my follow up. Had tests and an ultrasound. They said i was in the clear and sent me on my way. I got on birth control and started having safe sex again, but after i did that, the bleeding started again. Now im either bleeding over having brown discharge. Is this normal? What should i do? Thanks

Answer
Bleeding after taking the abortion pill is very unpredictable. Also, it is not uncommon for sex after an abortion to cause some bleeding.

This sounds normal, and I would expect it to stop in a week or two. It does not sound like something that you should be too concerned with, especially since the tests and ultrasound both came up negative at your follow-up.

If you are worried, your abortion provider should be able to see you for another follow-up to assess the situation.  

Abortion

Doctor Early Options