Abortion/2.5 Months post abortion an NO Period

I am VERY worried.  I had an abortion mid March and have not had a period yet.  All blood and urines tests have been negative or pregnancy.  I was also hospitalized for severe abdominal pain.  I followed up with the DR that performed the procedure and was given progesterone pills for 7 days...still no period.  I am now being told that if my period does not return I will need cervix debridement.  What is that?  Can it be harmful?  I also had always been extremely regular with my periods and no menstural cramps...should I be concerned? HELP!!!

Dear Anne, Thanks for your question. I don't know very much about cervix debridement but I am not a doctor. Yes, it is concerning that you have not had a period but I'm not sure how drastic this procedure is. If you would like to get a second opinion, then go to another doctor to get another diagnosis. This is your body and you must feel comfortable in what you are doing. Please email me at and let me know what happens. If you have any emotional problems from abortion, please let me know. I may be able to help.

Diane Cheryl

Diane Cheryl

Please email me at if I am "maxed out" on questions. I will answer as soon as I can. Please be patient because I get many emails. If I don't answer within a reasonable time, please email me again and put ALLEXPERTS in the subject line of your email. Thanks. Please contact me if you would like information about abortion procedures. What are your questions or concerns about an abortion? I also would be able to help with resources and networking. I can provide insight about emotional and psychological aspects of abortion. I would like to help you with up-to-date info and advice. I haven't had an abortion myself, but have 3 close friends who have experienced abortion and I can relate through them. I can also provide resources if you have experienced any post-abortion problems; medical, psychological, emotional, or spiritual. PRIVATE QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME!

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women in unexpected pregnancy situations. I also provide resources for PASS (Post Abortion Stress Syndrome).

Illinois Valley Community College (LaSalle-Peru, Illinois), Austin Community College and Travel Agent Degree.
Almost 25 years of on-the-job training onsite at abortion clinics and volunteering at pregnancy resource centers. Sonogram training and Post Abortion Counseling Training. Have done research with hundreds of women for almost 25 years regarding abortion, pregnancy and post-abortion healing.