Abortion/Cottage cheese like greenish white discharge after abortion

I have already read a similar question. but my problem is a bit different. I had a medical non surgical abortion at the 7th week of pregnancy and had almost 9 days of periods after that. my next periods came as expected after a month. but i have a regularly burning and itching sensation in and around my vagina with cottage cheese like mild smelly discharge even after my periods. my vagina was swollen after periods when we tried to have intercourse and my boy friend thinks i should consult a doctor about it but its feeling ok now but the itching and burning sensation and occasional discharge is still there. is this some kind of std or infection. do i need to see a doctor for this. I am from New Delhi India.

Yes, I would recommend that you go to a doctor and get an exam. This could be serious and you need to find out and get treatment if possible. Let me know what happens. You can email me at
Please consider not having sex if you don't want to get pregnant. Or have you thought of marriage and why do you not want a child.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Diane Cheryl

Diane Cheryl

Please email me at if I am "maxed out" on questions. I will answer as soon as I can. Please be patient because I get many emails. If I don't answer within a reasonable time, please email me again and put ALLEXPERTS in the subject line of your email. Thanks. Please contact me if you would like information about abortion procedures. What are your questions or concerns about an abortion? I also would be able to help with resources and networking. I can provide insight about emotional and psychological aspects of abortion. I would like to help you with up-to-date info and advice. I haven't had an abortion myself, but have 3 close friends who have experienced abortion and I can relate through them. I can also provide resources if you have experienced any post-abortion problems; medical, psychological, emotional, or spiritual. PRIVATE QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME!

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women in unexpected pregnancy situations. I also provide resources for PASS (Post Abortion Stress Syndrome).

Illinois Valley Community College (LaSalle-Peru, Illinois), Austin Community College and Travel Agent Degree.
Almost 25 years of on-the-job training onsite at abortion clinics and volunteering at pregnancy resource centers. Sonogram training and Post Abortion Counseling Training. Have done research with hundreds of women for almost 25 years regarding abortion, pregnancy and post-abortion healing.